Oday 28 Holding Tank Replacement

DYFLWD

Feb 20, 2016
Oday 28 Lake Texoma
Thanks Peggy, I do have your book and it is a great resource. The tank is just a little higher then toilet so not much "uphill". I will replace the joker valve next and Remember to dry flush sufficiently to clear line. I thought I read in your book most people don't use enough water after use to clear line? Thank you all for your help, it's so nice to have a Oder free boat.

Jun 19, 2004
Island Packet IP 32 99 Forked River, NJ
The main conversation here was about the head, but I just wanted to jump in and speak a bit about your hull liner... Our 73 Morgan 28 had what looks like the same material as yours. It looks like you had massive leakage going on there (so did we!). We replaced the liner with indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowe's and glued it on with carpet glue. But before we did that, we had to reseal the hull-to-deck joint, re-bed the lifeline stanchions and reseal all the portlights to prevent future problems. I hated that job and I really don't want to repeat it anytime soon!
If you have any questions, feel free to reply via PM...

DYFLWD

Feb 20, 2016
Oday 28 Lake Texoma
Thanks for the reply..I fixed all the leaks, most was from the anchor locker drain line. I bought that hull liner stuff from sailrite.