Oceanis 31 Window leak

May 12, 2021
Beneteau Océanis 31 Christchurch
Following torrential rain I have leak that has developed at the rear of the port window, with water dripping onto the top of the ‘wardrobe’ in the aft cabin. I can see no fixings and assume the window panels were bonded in place. I’m wondering whether applying some translucent silicone sealant would be appropriate to stop the leak or whether a more involved solution is advisable.
Any advice appreciated.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Any advice appreciated.
The correct way to do it is as suggested by sail sfbay. I have a port light that was badly crazed by some Simple Green overspray and, in due time, it will be replaced. However after torential rain it too developed a very slow leak about a year ago. I applied a good dose of Captain Tolley's creeping crack cure and, at least for now, it has held up.
Captain Tolley

May 12, 2021
The correct way to do it is as suggested by sail sfbay. I have a port light that was badly crazed by some Simple Green overspray and, in due time, it will be replaced. However after torential rain it too developed a very slow leak about a year ago. I applied a good dose of Captain Tolley's creeping crack cure and, at least for now, it has held up.
Captain Tolley
Thank you. Sounds like a good product to try - I’ll give it a go.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
The original portlight caulking in Hunter is DC 795. Beneteau may well be the same.

Had a microscopic leak develop a number of year ago and did a temporary seal with a tube of DC 795. Big investment with $8.00 for the sealant and a couple of hours of elbow grease. Seems to be holding well after five or six years. I wont do a full re-seal until I am ready to replace the full portlight.

Take a look here (post #2) for a blow by blow description.

May 12, 2021
The original portlight caulking in Hunter is DC 795. Beneteau may well be the same.

Thanks Ralph, the detail with pics is very helpful. Looks like a neat finish and clearly from all the comments DC795 is highly recommended