• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

NORTHERN CHESAPEAKE BAY RIGGING SERVICE

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 Feeling Nauti GEORGETOWN, MD
I'm docked at the Granary on the Sassafras River and need to get my standing rigging serviced. Does anyone have recommendations whom to use. Preferably someone you have used. Also, not having done this before, what dollar amounts should I be expecting to pay.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Consider doing it yourself. Last year I replaced all the lights, wind instruments, antenna, wiring and added a halyard. Fishing the halyard and the wiring from the spreaders was a lot hassle but we got it. The mast was down on saw horses. I had our marinas rigger do the standing rigging which was easy and straight forward. I would have saved several thousand dollars if I had just removed it and sent it to rig right in Florida. The stays simply attach by ball fittings fed through round cups. There are no toggles etc at the top of the mast.

Aug 11, 2011
I need to replace the standing rigging and the sheeves for the halyards need to be replaced. Pending on the quote, wether or not I can afford to put a new Raymarine I60 intalled.
I know the rigging is over ten years old and the insurance company wants a documentation on work performed by a professional rigger. I'm waiting for Walden to give me a quote.

Aug 11, 2011
Suzanne and Dobbs are scheduled to do the rigging in October. I'm looking forward to having them do it.