Next Gen Marine Genset

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
Very VERY interested in NYSail's experience here. Please do post how the install goes. Where in the boat will you be installing it? Interested in total cost as well. The estimate I got here in MD in the Annapolis area was...eye watering...once they added in their labor.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
NYSAIL, I thought you might be interested in seeing some pictures of my instalation of a Mase 7.6 generator into my Hunter41 DS back in 2012. I had the boatyard in Greenport hoist the partially dissembled unit into the sail locker. After getting it into the boat, I then assembled the sound shield in place.

Attachments

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Very VERY interested in NYSail's experience here. Please do post how the install goes. Where in the boat will you be installing it? Interested in total cost as well. The estimate I got here in MD in the Annapolis area was...eye watering...once they added in their labor.
Right now I am at about $9,000 which includes some extra spare parts, vented loop etc..... I am self installing the unit so will save a bunch on that. The unit is taking the place of an previous unit so the main parts are there already which I am sure is a big savings on the labor cost.

Will take pictures....

Greg

• Helpful

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
NYSAIL, I thought you might be interested in seeing some pictures of my instalation of a Mase 7.6 generator into my Hunter41 DS back in 2012. I had the boatyard in Greenport hoist the partially dissembled unit into the sail locker. After getting it into the boat, I then assembled the sound shield in place.
Thanks! Good ol' Greenport. And now you live in P-town, VA. Have a good friend that lives there.

Greg

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Semperavanti...... missed the "St." in the location. These guys are located in Fla.

Greg