Newport Mk2 Dinette Conversion Issues

Apr 18, 2009
Newport MKIi 30' Channel Is. CA
Hello, I just purchased a 1979 MKII and when we went to drop the dinette table we found that the area notched out for the table was not aligned on both sides. when the table lined up on the stern side the Bow side was not lining up and was not on the same plane. For the table not to rock it would require a tapered shim about 1 1/4" on the walkway side to nothing on the far outside (port). Not to mention that it would not be flush with the seat.

Hoping someone has seen this before and can advise

Thanks Buzz The Restless wind

Attachments

Jan 15, 2011
Newport 30MKII Bayview ID
Hey Buzz...mine had a similar issue, so I pulled the old, heavy table out and built one that has folding leaves and cup holders/ junk holders down the center of the table...I can post a picture of it online when I head up to the boat later this week...I store the old table top under the cushion on the quarterberth if we need to set it up for use as a sleeper. The new table top gives a lot of flexibility in configuration and more room for seating if you are only using one side to sit on. Do you have the kerosine stove/ oven combo in your boat?
Ed

Apr 18, 2009
Newport MKIi 30' Channel Is. CA
Hey Ed thanks for the reply. A pic would be really sweet. Right now wneh we want to sleep I shove a hammer under on side of the table. Ha ha !!. We have been palying around with the table and find its a little tight to sit opposite each other. so we sit on one side and hang the table off the bulk head. We do have a propane oven in the galley.

Cheers