New to me ‘90 Capri 26’ questions.

Apr 18, 2021
Catalina Capri 26 Chesapeake Bay
Just acquired a ’90 Capri 26 and I had a few questions

- Does the ice box drain out through a thru hull?

- I don’t really need all the space in the icebox and Was thinking about finding a cooler that fit into the space. Has anyone found one that’s a good fit?

- The boat came with about 10 pages of engineering drawings for the electrical, plumbing and rigging systems but no real Manual. Is the Manual sold by Catalina direct more detailed?

has anyone installed a Raymarine auto tiller? I’m wondering if it’s possible to mount it under the bench seat near the stern. Just thinking it would look nicer than putting the mounting point on the top of the seat. I have an outboard so one side is taken up by the removable gas tank.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Capri 26!!

An internet search could not find an owner's manual for a Capri 26 but attached is one for a Capri 25 that might be useful. The attached manual for a Capri 25 says its ice box drains into the sink drain and has a separate valve, which it recommends closing when sailing to mitigate saltwater backing into the ice box when healing.

Attachments

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Capri 26!!

An internet search could not find an owner's manual for a Capri 26 but attached is one for a Capri 25 that might be useful. The attached manual for a Capri 25 says its ice box drains into the sink drain and has a separate valve, which it recommends closing when sailing to mitigate saltwater backing into the ice box when healing.
sorry but the capri 25 and 26 are so unrelated it's funny.