New Tender

Jan 25, 2007
Cal Cal 33-2 cape cod
Fatty Knees, rows nicely, it worked well for the Pardey's, I've rowed/towed/sailed mine like Shakleton, across New England waters.. not so distance locations to hunt for giant bay scallops, dig for clams, and to find liquor stores that stay open late.

Attachments

Jun 16, 2020
Hinckley Sou’wester 30 Falmouth ME
Nice pictures - looks like you have used it well!

How do you attach your tow line to her? Is the attachment point visible on your first photo?

Jan 25, 2007
Cal Cal 33-2 cape cod
Sorry Captain, offline a few days. Tow line connects to the lower part of plumb bow, there are also convenient located davit pad eyes for lifting, although I don't have davit lift system. She tows well enough, just a bit heavy for flipping on the deck, actually so is an inflatable, good luck in your search.

Attachments

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
A Trinka 10 would be a good choice, but they are hard to find. They row wonderfully, and with the sailing gear they supply recreation at anchor.
You'd have to find one used, they are no longer made as far as I'm aware. I bought one of the last 6 ever built. I've got the 8 footer. The Trinka's row beautifully, tow like a dream, and also are a blast to sail. Very nice hard dingies. But.... you'll have to look for a used one today if that's where you want to go. Also, if you want to run 4 people, you'll need the 10 footer. The 8 footer does one and two adults very well, three adults starts to get to be too many, especially with some baggage. I've done it in some surf and it's not easy...

dj