New SS spreader retrofit kit

Dec 7, 2014
Catalina 27 Alcova Boat Club
I purchase the Catalina Direct spreader retrofit kit. Did not come with instructions.
After installing I realized that the attachment for the shrouds are angled to the front of the mast, not much but its noticable. Which way should they angle to the front or rear of the mast?
The shroud attachments are part of the 1 piece weldment (1 for each side of the mast).

danvon

Dec 18, 2014
Catalina 27 Seattle
I did mine a few months ago and don't remember them being asymmetrical. If the are, I suppose there's a 50/50 chance I got it right? I had CD send me a copy of the instructions. PM me and i'll forward to you. BTW, getting the old compression tube out of the mast is the hard part.

danvon

Dec 18, 2014
Catalina 27 Seattle
This is what I am talking about. All bolt holes are original.
I was at the boat yesterday & took a look. One of mine is slightly tilted (I don't think it's as much as yours, but I was looking up at the mast from the deck), and the other appears to be pretty much vertical. Like I said, I don't recall the parts looking asymmmetric when I get them from CD. I wonder if the bolt holes in our masts are not quite square?

Dec 7, 2014
Catalina 27 Alcova Boat Club
Could be. The original shroud attachments could rotate so it didn't make a difference.