New Solar Product - Feedback Request

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Off the top of my head; On a split backstay, you could probably clamp to the upper and split stays with some sort of triangular tube setup and not need to attach to the deck.

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
Maine, that's too bad. I thought I had stumbled onto the perfect solution. The split in my stay is above the bimini with the two split stays running through the bimini to the corners of the stern. :sosad:
First, Maine Sail, very clever and well done. Yes I think people with that set up will buy it, but as you are hinting at the price point might be a little high for some because of the small batch nature of the parts you need. Perhaps some alternative parts to lower the price point?

Second, Roland and Pateco, the po of my boat came up with a clever means of putting up a panel above the bimini using the split back stays. I am headed to the boat this afternoon and will post some pictures.

Feb 19, 2017
Cape Dory 27 New England
Mainesail, did you ever put together a kit for sale for this solar mount? I am interested in mounting a small rigid panel off my stern and either this arrangement or that which you described in your Small Boat Solar post seems like it would fit the bill

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Mainesail, did you ever put together a kit for sale for this solar mount? I am interested in mounting a small rigid panel off my stern and either this arrangement or that which you described in your Small Boat Solar post seems like it would fit the bill
We ran a prototype production run but the components were just so costly to produce that we decided to scrap it knowing how "frugal" most sailors are. We have a few kits we could sell but the pricing is North of $400.00 to make just the kit and this is before you buy the tube. If you're interested let me know and I can get more accurate pricing.