New Rocna Stowable Anchor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2009
2 48 Viaduct Auckland
some clarification

This a copy of a posting I put on 2 other discussion boards last week and it is important that the message contained in it is available to as many as possible.

It reads as::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel it is about time to put all rumours into the paddock where they belong and counter somewhat the personal and private squabbles that have gone on through these boards between the different camps of opinion and bias.

In my new capacity with Rocna I will be compiling information and press releases directly from the CEO of Rocna steve Bambury in New Zealand.

The following is an extract from a personal reply to a forum member a few days ago and published here with the full permission of Steve as CEO of Rocna.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there from NZ

Craig has recently moved on from the Rocna team here in NZ and is now cruising to Antarctica with his Dad, Peter. He may be back to NZ sometime in March but has left his options open. In his absence I thought to reply to your mail and introduce myself. My name is Steve Bambury and I’ve been part of the Rocna team now for 2 years and took the role of CEO in October last year. I’ve largely been responsible for building our international distribution network and have also been looking after the marketing side of the company.

Perhaps I can take the opportunity to clarify our position with the Chinese manufacturing debate. Yes, we have had some anchors made in China and they have turned out absolutely awesome - although it took a lot of blood sweat and tears to get the production team up to meet our extremely high standards! We’ve taken the expertise gathered from making Rocna’s now for a number of years here in NZ and used this opportunity to improve our specifications even further and incorporated these into the entire production process. We have contracted highly skilled experts in quality control and production management and have sent them to the factory to work closely with the Chinese and have also engaged the services of RINA (Lloyds were too uncooperative – long story) to undertake quality control and be involved with process. The quality of steel used is to the same exacting specifications we have always used.

I hope this clarifies things somewhat and I’m keen for your feedback. I’m also a novice on the forums and am planning to get one of our team here more up to speed on these as I know Craig did some good work there and we want to ensure we get a fair hearing, rather than people making wrong assumptions with incorrect information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further information regarding the Stowable Anchor under development will be made public very shortly.

GNK

Auckland
New Zealand

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Sep 24, 1999
Hunter H46LE Sausalito
yikes. Now I'm worried.

Perhaps I can take the opportunity to clarify our position with the Chinese manufacturing debate. Yes, we have had some anchors made in China and they have turned out absolutely awesome - although it took a lot of blood sweat and tears to get the production team up to meet our extremely high standards! We’ve taken the expertise gathered from making Rocna’s now for a number of years here in NZ and used this opportunity to improve our specifications even further and incorporated these into the entire production process. We have contracted highly skilled experts in quality control and production management and have sent them to the factory to work closely with the Chinese and have also engaged the services of RINA (Lloyds were too uncooperative – long story) to undertake quality control and be involved with process. The quality of steel used is to the same exacting specifications we have always used.
I ordered a Rocna 25 in November, and when it was delivered (via WM) it had a slightly bent roll-bar. Please refer to the photograph below. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now that I'm informed it may have been made in China, I'm suddenly losing confidence in the anchor.

Is there any way of determining where my new anchor was built?

Please advise.

Attachments

Jan 22, 2009
2 48 Viaduct Auckland
I ordered a Rocna 25 in November, and when it was delivered (via WM) it had a slightly bent roll-bar. Please refer to the photograph below. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now that I'm informed it may have been made in China, I'm suddenly losing confidence in the anchor.

Is there any way of determining where my new anchor was built?

Please advise.
This one was made by our North American distributors Suncoast Marine and I will forward your details on to Mark or you could contact him direct. There have been none of the first run of Chinese models supplied to Suncoast at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.