New owner Hunter 240 WB

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
You want vinylester resin as it is not porous when dry. Polyester resin is porous when dry. You are are water line Let the two layers of fiberglass dry and sand Lightly spray some gray paint in the sanded area if you think you have laid enough fiberglass look for any valleys. If no valleys, use lesser or lower grade sandpaper to get a smooth surfacing. Last sanding you should use wet and dry sandpaper.

I would suggest using Loc Tite two part epoxy to fill in the small holes and let dry for a day. Then used 400 grit wet sand paper for final smoothing. When done, call me as we need to discuss painting.

THE WATER BALLAST TANK LID IS. UNDERNEATH THAT WHITE OR CREAM COLORED FOAM. LEAVE THAT ALONE. KAPISH!

You may want to retab the floor to the hull at this point. Any questions, you have my contact information. Invest in a resin roller and acetone too

Jun 10, 2024
Macgregor / Hunter M25 /Hunter 240 Okanagan Lake
Hi Dave
Thanks a bunch. Don’t touch the foam, got it.

I will have to do some research for the right epoxy. I live in a smaller town, may have to order. I’m getting excited. Currently working on the backing plate. I Purchased some original JB Weld to glue it in.

Retab the floor. I’ll have to research that too. :)

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I will be off line Wednesday and Thursday morning. Before doing that we need to talk. Did you find the part in the water or order it