New music sysyem

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll investigate further and do something come April/May when the ice is gone.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
I use a micro SD card in my phone and have saved all my music to that. I'm amazed that I have a gazzillion MB of music on that small chip that is 100 times the music than the briefcase I used to carry around with all my cassetes in the car .....

I have a USB stereo, Sony from Crutchfiled, and connect via the phone. I can control music and volume anywhere on the boat. Also have a Bluetooth speaker that I use while sitting at the bow or when we go to shore. Just make sure you get one that floats ( ask me why this is a good suggestion :what: ) This saves streaming data or connection issues on the phone.

Sep 20, 2006
o_O why?

-Will (Dragonfly)
Because the first one I had was sitting just above the v-berth hatch on deck and slid/bounced down the bow across the deck and splash before I could react or jump in..... +/- $ 100 down the drain ...... :cuss:

So the newest one I made sure was waterproof and floated.

Apr 5, 2017
Catalina 310 Huntington, NY
I still have the original JBL MR-15 stereo that came with the boat in 2002. All works well. The only issue I have is that the manual has been misplaced and I can't figure out how to operate the fader function to balancve the volumes between the speakers inside the cabin and the ones outside under the seats. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the manual or can you tell me how to operate the fader function.

Sep 20, 2006
I still have the original JBL MR-15 stereo that came with the boat in 2002. All works well. The only issue I have is that the manual has been misplaced and I can't figure out how to operate the fader function to balancve the volumes between the speakers inside the cabin and the ones outside under the seats. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the manual or can you tell me how to operate the fader function.
Found the MR-17, should be similar?