New Canvas - color suggestions

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau Oceanis 48 Long Island, NY
We are purchasing a new Oceanis 48.
We are working with a canvas place to create cushions and bimini/dodger.
We have always had navy blue sunbrella.
anyone have suggestions for a different color that they like? What is the durability of the material, color stability, water-proof(ness)?
what do you suggest in regard to cushion color? solid or design?

Apr 29, 2014
Beneteau 473 Charleston
We went with silver sunbrella on our 473. It's been almost 3 years and it's held up well, along with being cool under the bimini.

Congratulations on your new boat.

Jan 22, 2008
Thank you. Silver is a great idea. had not thought of it!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
To deviate from the usual Beneteau dark (Forest?) green I went with Seagrass green. It's brighter. Look around your marina to see what you like. It used to be- and maybe still is- that yellows and reds fade all too soon. /// Maybe do the cushion sides in solid, with a pattern on the top to help hide the stains that WILL come.

Jun 9, 2004
Catalina 385 Marquette. Mi
Im a "Captain Navy" guy myself...i do like Forest Green, and surprisingly Beige. Looks pretty sharp on a new C-385 i know.

Jan 22, 2008
Im a "Captain Navy" guy myself...i do like Forest Green, and surprisingly Beige. Looks pretty sharp on a new C-385 i know.
thank you. We have been captain navy for more than 10 years. looking to spice it up a bit. the green does look snazy

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Does captians navy get much hotter in the sun than other blues?

May 13, 2013
Beneteau Sense 50 San diego
We went with "smoke" on our sense 50. Purely personal choice. I didn't want too dark a color for heat reasons and was told too light wouldn't hold up. I'm having the dodger and Bimini made by iversondesign. They have a beneteau section on their web site. The sense in the pictures is 46 with smoke. Pricey but oh so beautiful.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Oyster is our color.

Light colors tend to disintegrate sooner - a fact I learned from a few different dodger makers.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
You might try Mediterranean Blue in Sunbrella; pretty color, but it does fade fairly quickly--3 to 4 yr or so and it starts to look a bit "washed out." Black probably holds up the best and can be attractive. Patterns on the salon cushions.

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
We used white Stamoid and it stays cool in the summer and lets light in during the winter. The material is almost 12 years old and is no worse for the wear. We have seen many sunbrella dodgers come and go during that time. It has more years left in it. Stamoid comes in different colors, we chose white.

Kestle

Jun 12, 2011
MacGregor 25 San Pedro
We used white Stamoid and it stays cool in the summer and lets light in during the winter. The material is almost 12 years old and is no worse for the wear. We have seen many sunbrella dodgers come and go during that time. It has more years left in it. Stamoid comes in different colors, we chose white.
Is this auto fabric? I'm not familiar with it...

Jeff

Jun 24, 2013
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Shady Side, MD
I have Cadet Gray Sunbrella for dodger and Bimini on my O41 and i am very pleased. Not hot and doesn't show Osprey poop as badly as the blue and green ones. Also, it doesn't fight with the sleek lines of the newer Oceanis series.

Sep 11, 2015
Beneteau 43 Sense San Francisco Bay
I have cadet grey also. At two years it was badly faded. Very disappointed.