New anchor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Valcour

"I see this is pre-rocna. How do you like the new anchor? I'm asking Santa for a 15 KG is that overkill? "

This thread sums it up....I do not recommend anything.

I prefer to show items on what I've done and if it worked or did not work....or a revised modification.

paulj :troll:

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
More things to consider

Valcour, A friend in my yacht club just got a Rocna 10 for Christmas from his admiral. Why not come over and check it out sometime, Quantico isn't that far away. Or, we go up to race in Alexandria the weekend of June 11 for the Geico Cup, you could come up and help us win and check out the anchor then.

FWIW, Sooner or later my cheap butt is going to get one. I have two danforths as well and they do stick in the Potomac River mud really well, but the wind shifts in the middle of the night can break any anchor free.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
Re: More things to consider

Rpwilla, I'd love to take you up on that offer to race. I did my share of winning races when I owned a Catalina 27, but with the wing keel, roller furling, fixed prop (yada yada yada), I am usually fighting to stay out of last place with the 310.

Sep 29, 2008
Some you win, some you lose

Rpwilla, I'd love to take you up on that offer to race. I did my share of winning races when I owned a Catalina 27, but with the wing keel, roller furling, fixed prop (yada yada yada), I am usually fighting to stay out of last place with the 310.
Understand. In light air we usually get our butts kicked, especially up in Alexandria. On the river we can tend to get a ripping tide. Last year at the Geico Cup we had 1-3 knots of wind from the North and a wicked outgoing tide all day. This years race is 11 June.

Silvio

Dec 1, 2010
Catalina 310 Solomons Island, MD
nice anchor, looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

Sep 29, 2008
Fit

It looks like the Rocna 15 is a bit longer which makes it look like it fits in the holder more naturally than the 10. Is that correct?

Mar 30, 2007
Catalina 310 Manalapan, NJ
Valcour,

Do I understand correctly that you installed a Rocna 15? If yes, did you have to modify any part of the bow roller or the bail. Does the shanck of the anchor tuck into the anchor locker? Also, I was wondering if the shanck of the anchor impinged on the furling drum.

Jeff

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
No modifications were required for the 15 Kg. It just misses hitting the top of the bail, the end of the shank is several inches short of the locker cover, and it does not interfer with the drum.

Status
Not open for further replies.