need to know ohm of water level for 1997 hunter 310

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Pretty sure this is sensor for a WEMA system with a 400 mm rod. Visually check out this site for what you are looking for as they do not list a W2-400 sensor :

Dec 21, 2021
Hunter 310 Lake Hartwell SC
Pretty sure this is sensor for a WEMA system with a 400 mm rod. Visually check out this site for what you are looking for as they do not list a W2-400 sensor :

Thanks I'll check it out...

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
CharlieAnn, be very sure before you start ordering a sending unit. I just went down this rat hole with the store here on this site. Hunter water tanks came with the sending units pre-installed and were of two mounting types:
  1. Threaded. The sender has threads that screw into a flange that is screwed into the top of the tank​
  2. Flanged. This sender attaches directly to the tank.​
And two resistance patterns
  1. European
  2. American
You will need to pull your old sending out first to examine the mounting and measure the resistance values at the upper and lower limits of the float movement (see JVISS post #18 above). Don't assume anything. Measure what you have (assuming the old one worked ok) before ordering.

Dec 21, 2021
Hunter 310 Lake Hartwell SC
I checked the ohm at the top of the rod and it shows 184 ohm, then moved the float down to the bottom and the ohm still read 184 ohms...so I think I have a bad sensor..