need to know ohm of water level for 1997 hunter 310

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Are you asking about the resistance within a specific sensor? Or are you asking about the resistance of freshwater within your holding tank? Or maybe something else? Either way, we would need a lot more information in order to be helpful. What brand/model number is the sensor? Of if it is something else you are asking…. Please provide more datail.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Are you asking about the resistance within a specific sensor? Or are you asking about the resistance of freshwater within your holding tank? Or maybe something else? Either way, we would need a lot more information in order to be helpful. What brand/model number is the sensor? Of if it is something else you are asking…. Please provide more datail.
I admire your willingness to be helpful even when the obstacles are enormous.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
You posted the same question in June of this year in the same cryptic fashion :

That got you absolutely nowhere. Unless you are willing to supply the details of your existing level sensor (brand name, model, potable or black water) you're going nowhere again. And rather quickly, I might add.

This is a boat and not a car. The level sensor you have in your 1997 Hunter 310 may not be the same as the sensor in someone else's 1997 Hunter 310, hence the need for details. In addition, very few people on this site own a 1997 Hunter 310 and therefore don't know what sensor you have. However, they may have the same make and model level sensor as you have in their Cat or Bene or Jene and repaired it which often makes them an excellent source of information for this sensor.

The ball's in your court.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Play nice in the sandbox guys. One of the things unique on this forum is mutual respect And we all appreciate that.
Thanks for the reminder Don. We don't want the SBO Police Bot to show up. But you never know, he, she, or it might be lurking. ;)

The principals in this short exchange all know each other pretty well; I took as just some friends ribbing each other. The less frequent visitor to the forums might not be aware of the relationships that we all have here.

Jan 19, 2010
The principals in this short exchange all know each other pretty well; I took as just some friends ribbing each other. The less frequent visitor to the forums might not be aware of the relationships that we all have here.
:plus:

Nov 17, 2022
Hunter 43 obx
Most sending units and guages are 33-240 ohms. (Check amzn), go to radioshack and get a 100 ohm resister put the legs in the sending unit connector, should show about half tank on guage.

Auto oem are usually customized but why would a boat mfg spend extra money on a custom system when standard off the shelf units are plentiful.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Most sending units and guages are 33-240 ohms. (Check amzn), go to radioshack and get a 100 ohm resister put the legs in the sending unit connector, should show about half tank on guage.

Auto oem are usually customized but why would a boat mfg spend extra money on a custom system when standard off the shelf units are plentiful.
There are 2 standards, one European and one US. There are differences between the resistance ranges and the direction. One reads full at low resistance, the other reads full at high resistance. (I can't remember which is which, I would have to look it up.) Thus, it is important to know which you have.

Jan 19, 2010
Radio Shack still exists?
Just barely

From Wikipedia: Currently, RadioShack operates primarily as an e-commerce website with a network of independently owned and franchised RadioShack stores, as well as a supplier of parts for HobbyTown USA. On March 2, 2023, Retail Ecommerce Ventures announced that it was mulling a possible bankruptcy filing.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
There are 2 standards, one European and one US. There are differences between the resistance ranges and the direction. One reads full at low resistance, the other reads full at high resistance. (I can't remember which is which, I would have to look it up.) Thus, it is important to know which you have.
"For American Standard sending units the unit will read 240 at empty and 33 at full (+/- 5 ohms). For European Standard sending units, the unit will read either 0 or 10 at empty and 180, 190 or 90 at full (+/- 5 ohms)."

KUS FAQ

Dec 21, 2021
Hunter 310 Lake Hartwell SC
The sticker on the top of the sensor is labeled (WEME-SYSTEM) W2-400 Water sensor, 400mm, 1996-3 Magne.
I hope this will help to get the proper sensor to replace the bad one. thanks for your help