need info on pearson rhodes bounty ii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2009
pearson bounty 41 rhodes bounty ii fl
hi guys am about to buy a pearson rhodes bounty ii 1965 sailboat, any boddy has
info. that can provide me, what to look for before buyig her, i know she is seaworty
and capable of crossing the atlantic ocean. this is what i inted to do this coming summer.
crosing to the med. rickmorel has the rhodes bounty ii, i will appreciate all info.
you can give me.
ben.

Dec 11, 2009
Pearson Vanguard Apostle Islands WI
Ben,
I currently own a 32 1/2 ft Pearson Vanguard but have been gathering information on Pearson Rhodes 41's for about 3 years in the hope of purchasing one someday. I have gathered an extensive list of pictures from the web of boats for sale since that time. I have also copied any data or info. on the boats I could find into a file. I would be happy to share this with you just let me know how to send it? my e-mail is albacore1967@yahoo.com. I also noticed that the magazine practical sailor recently did a review of the Rhodes 41 but I have not purchased a copy yet. I am sure you can find it if you do a search. Good luck with your purchase and I would love to hear how you like the boat if you buy it.
Phil

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2009
Pearson Rhodes 41 New Iberia, LA
hi guys am about to buy a pearson rhodes bounty ii
ben.
Ben, feel free to email me with any questions. rick@morelr.com

Seaworthy, seakindly, fast, stable, built strong in every way pretty much describes her. I read the specs called for a minimum hull thickness of 1.11 to 1.25 inches and I believe it. I added a bilge pump and had to drill though 2 inches of glass on the aft bottom.

The only real downside is she's not roomy, but roomy enough. We've lived aboard since May 2007. Everything is adult sized and she does have a shower for two :) The vee-berth is very roomy, assuming a center piece has been added (Rhodes didn't believe in double berths).

I think Mr. Rhodes also supplied an invisible gremlin to occasionaly throw a bucket of water into the cockpit. A dodger or in our case, a vinyl "windscreen" on our hardtop, is pretty much a necessity.

All in all hard to beat unless you want a floating condo.

Rick

Jun 21, 2009
Pearson Rhodes 41 New Iberia, LA
Valkyrie, our Peason Rhodes 41 is now for sale. $35,000.

Cathy suffered a back injury and failed surgery in the mid 90's. The doctors said one day she wouldn't be able to handle it. We were hoping that day was years away, but sadly, it looks like it's now.

Valkyrie is fully equipped for cruising. Anyone interested, email me at rick@morelr.com for all the details. I'll get something up on our web page about it.

We're currently at Pensacola, FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.