My 2003 Beneteau 411 shower floor drain is stop up. Does anyone know where the valve is located to release the water. My subpump does work.

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
So have you hit the toggle switch that runs the shower drain pump? I see a toggle switch on the Beneteau parts site. The drain doesn't just drain out--it has to be pumped out.

• Helpful
Aug 22, 2020
Beneteau 411 411 Marina Del Rey
Yes I have. What I learned today is that the switch is connected to a pump. There is a hose that lets out to the bulge area in the floor. Once the water has risen to a certain level, the bulge pump will come on and pump the water off the boat. 'What is happening with my situation is the water isn't being pump out of the boat.

Aug 22, 2020
Yes I have. What I learned today is that the switch is connected to a pump. There is a hose that lets out to the bulge area in the floor. Once the water has risen to a certain level, the bulge pump will come on and pump the water off the boat. 'What is happening with my situation is the water isn't being pump out of the boat.

My theory is that their is air leak in the pump- line somewhere that is not allowing the water to fully be removed from the shower floor.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Not quite sure what you are explaining. The shower pump should be exiting through a through hull and somewhere before the pump there should be a strainer. If the pump is running then the strainer is seriously clogged or there is something blocking the through hull. It should not be going into your bilge.

Aug 22, 2020
Thanks for the response. I took the floor panels off and notice that the line leading from the shower leads into the bilge space in the floor. Their is a float that will pump the water from that compartment. The shower line appears to be draining into that bilge space. But the pump is inside the sink cabinet. I am thinking that my pump filter is not sealed properly and is allowing air into the line.. I will see if a new Jabsco pump gasket will solve the problem.

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
While way back some sailboats drained showers into the bilge, I don't think there's any way Beneteau would be doing that on a fairly modern boat. So are you saying that there is no switch/button to operate the shower drain pump somewhere in the head? Maybe right above the faucet?

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
While way back some sailboats drained showers into the bilge, I don't think there's any way Beneteau would be doing that on a fairly modern boat. So are you saying that there is no switch/button to operate the shower drain pump somewhere in the head? Maybe right above the faucet?
Should not dump into bilge , all Beneteau's have separate pump and filter that goes to thru hull , my pump is under bathroom sink ,some models it was put under settee . My bilge pump has a valve under settee one way it drains bilge ,the other way it drains the fridge. Both pumps are diaphragm type and if it rips no pumping

Aug 22, 2020
Yes. There is a switch to drain above the sink. However, the water isn't leaving the shower floor.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Follow the hose from under the floor to the strainer that looks like this
from there it goes to the pump then out through a through hull. Either the strainer is seriously clogged or the pump may need rebuilding ( impeller replacement) or the hoses are clogged. Good luck tracing your problem. We’ve all been there.

Attachments

Aug 22, 2020
Follow the hose from under the floor to the strainer that looks like this
from there it goes to the pump then out through a through hull. Either the strainer is seriously clogged or the pump may need rebuilding ( impeller replacement) or the hoses are clogged. Good luck tracing your problem. We’ve all been there.
I believe this to be my problem. Just located the hose and filter.