Moving from Oday 20 to ODay 222

Aug 29, 2017
Oday 222 Nyack, NY
Hi, all, new forum member here. I am moving from my '74 Oday 20 to an '85 Oday 222, and was wondering if there's anything I need to know about the differences in these two boats. I belong to a boat club and keep my O'Day 20 on a trailer at the club for the winter, I don't trailer it back and forth. I was wondering if the Oday 20 trailer can handle the additional size/weight of the 222; if not I have to get a trailer or cradle for storage. I don't have a truck--have a Honda CRV--and was curious if there are cradles for the 222 that would fit in it, as it would be easier for me to store a cradle than a trailer. Thanks for the help, and any advice about the move from the 20 to the 222.

Aug 29, 2017
Oday 222 Nyack, NY
Thanks, John. The stands would work better for me, but the old ones I had for a different (bigger) boat wouldn't have fit in my SUV.

Aug 29, 2017
Oday 222 Nyack, NY
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the person I was buying the 222 from sold the boat out from under me, despite us having an agreement for the purchase. Maybe he got more money, I don't know, although I agreed to his asking price. So I am back in the market. Guess I'll see what comes up at the boat club, every year it seems that there are a few owners who just don't want to deal with winter storage and put their boats up for sale. I've already been offered a 27.7 Pearson for the same price as the O'Day 222, but I sail alone frequently and think it's a bit more than I can handle right now. Just got a new furling jib for my O'Day 20 so I', putting it on today and will enjoy it for the rest of the is season and see what turns. Thanks again for the assistance, hopefully I'll be back with more O'Day 222 questions, I really did like that boat.

May 7, 2006
Catalina 28 Mark 1 New Bern
Jake if you are interested in the 222. I have a friend who has a 85 222 with the Honda 9.9 that is looking to sell his boat. It is in good condition but is going to need to have the hull compounded and polished. It has been on the hard for two years, he lost his mooring spot.
The boat is located on Cape Cod in Bourne. I have the se boat in the 84 modle and single hand all the time . If interested let me know and i will put the two of you together.

Aug 29, 2017
Oday 222 Nyack, NY
Thanks for the offer, but it's a bit far from where I am and I think I'm going to see what comes up at my boat club this fall. This way I'll only have to deal with pulling and storing one boat. But I appreciate the offer.