Mid ship cleats

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
A little late to comment, but we use the track cleats for midship as well. We have one on each side because I found liked the fair lead for the line better when it was back, behind the jib car.

We use these chafe guards (http://shop.catalinaowners.com/prod.php?1645). A little more money but you can move them around easily. We have a set of two if these for dock lines. (we have lots of other chafe guard in our storm kit but still like these the best for convenience.)

The toe rail does have an aluminum plate imbedded in it if you want to attach a clear. You can see the post I did about adding cleats to the stern for the dingy. You could add cleats to the toe rail the same way. But if you use a spring line/breast line to dock I don't think I would rely on a cleat on the toe rail for it.

Another thing you could do is add a chock to the toe rail. I was going to do this but we almost never dock anymore so I decided not to go through the effort.

Good luck

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
A little late to comment, but we use the track cleats for midship as well. We have one on each side because I found liked the fair lead for the line better when it was back, behind the jib car.

We use these chafe guards (http://shop.catalinaowners.com/prod.php?1645). A little more money but you can move them around easily. We have a set of two if these for dock lines. (we have lots of other chafe guard in our storm kit but still like these the best for convenience.)

The toe rail does have an aluminum plate imbedded in it if you want to attach a clear. You can see the post I did about adding cleats to the stern for the dingy. You could add cleats to the toe rail the same way. But if you use a spring line/breast line to dock I don't think I would rely on a cleat on the toe rail for it.

Another thing you could do is add a chock to the toe rail. I was going to do this but we almost never dock anymore so I decided not to go through the effort.

Good luck
Those are nice chafe guards. I got some used fire hose from my local fire station. It's not as pretty, and you have to slide it on the rope, but it's incredibly durable.

Feb 16, 2015
Changed my mind going to bolt on cleats on the toe rail as there is all ways a lot of presser on the springs when I am in the slip and worried about the constant where on the track

Any one done this ?
Thinking about bolting and backing plate under ?

Cheers mat

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Just received one midship cleat (from CD) for my genoa track. Installs and slides very easily. I plan to use it only for docking and expect it to help a lot. Will just move it to port or starboard as needed.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Just received one midship cleat (from CD) for my genoa track. Installs and slides very easily. I plan to use it only for docking and expect it to help a lot. Will just move it to port or starboard as needed.
Are you able to install it from the front and/or rear of the track? On our C310 there's not enough room at the front, and an end stopper that needs to be removed at the rear. Makes it a real pain to move jib cars and the cleat around.

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Mine slides easily on from the front. There is only an end stopper in the rear (aft) of my genoa track.
bob

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
Ditto.

I have two, one for each side that I use for spring lines in my slip. When going out for a long day or anchoring out, they slide off the front.