mast step on ODAY 272

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Thank you Patrick. Feel free to use whatever you can take away from my mods. I had a blast doing them and I'm always willing to share some ideas with anyone who is interested.
I have a couple of water marks on my headliner under the port lights on both sides, but I kind of like the headliner myself.
I did have a kerosene lamp years ago but it left soot marks on my headliner and I got tired of trying to keep the brass clean. I use candles when I'm anchored and self contained LED lights. If the area is buggy I put my mosquito screen up over the companionway hatch. I have one that I made for my forward hatch also.

I've found leaks in rub rails, hand rails, and toe rails. I think I have them stopped but you never know. I always try to address leaks as soon as possible on my boat.

Try to see if you can make an album and upload some pics to it. It really isn't that hard after you've done it a couple of times.

I've been wanting to recover my mattresses in the cabin this Spring but I don't think it's going to happen. Last year I omitted the two aft quarter birth mattresses in the cubby holes.
My latest brainstorm is to cut my quarter birth and V birth mattresses in half. This will give me easier access to my six compartments under the mattresses. I went into my boat this morning and laid out my mattresses and figured out and mark where to make the cuts. I plan on using the material and zippers from the two aft mattress that I will no longer use on my boat.
All I have to do is try to talk my wife into helping me do this project. I'm definitely going to start this project as soon as possible. Perhaps I'll find some decent fabric at a good price next year and recover them with a different design. These are my plans.

Feb 4, 2007
- - Somerset,
Joe of Trinka fame,
I am a retired mattress maker in Somerset w/the 272. I have hundreds of yards of upholsterry fabric cheap if you want to recover your cushions.
Ted

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Joe of Trinka fame,
I am a retired mattress maker in Somerset w/the 272. I have hundreds of yards of upholsterry fabric cheap if you want to recover your cushions.
Ted
Hi Ted,
I'm very much interested in checking out what you have.
Please email me at sailtrinkka1986@verizon.net

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.