Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ghislain Gaumond

To all forums users/advisers, Once in a while a good pat on the back makes everyone feel great!!! Since we purchased our new C30 1987 "Emilie-Jolie" #4708 in June 2003, I must have been the keenest forum reader there is! and I must thank all for the amount of information, support and knowledge shared amoung members. After reading my owner manuals (both for the boat and engine) I realize how much is required, so I venture onto the forums in search of advice and guidance and then ready myself to carry out a particular task for the first time...properly prepared... For you old and experienced C30 owners, this might sound trivial, but a for a new C30 with a universal inboard, it not. This week-end, I venture into verifying my water pump impeller, got two new impellers (A spare is always a good thing, right) and gaskets. I started by cleaning the primary strainer (Yes, the valve was shut off first!), wow did it need cleaning! then opened the water pump, thinking that I would find all in good order and this would be mere training exercise...I found that my impeller had three broken blades! This probably explains the white smoke (I guess steam!) coming out of the exhaust...despite the engine temperature never rising about 170-180F. Another matter alltogether! As I had read (here!), I had to make sure that I retreived all broken off parts...some were easy others had made it up further into the conduits. I managed to get them all (I hope). Greased up the new impeller, put it into place, making sure that the blades were properly positioned, oiled up the gasket and installed the lid back on. I decided to verify the Zinc Anode on the HX also (Read about it here too!), it needed changing. Once all this was done, opened the valve and started the engine...after a few seconds of anxious waiting...water starting coming out the exhaust like the Niagara falls... and I had no leaks on the compoments I worked on. So I was pretty please with my work and thanks to you sailors as I felt well equiped to take on this little project! Onto other challenges, in having my head stuck down (figure of speech of course)into the engine compartment, I did noticed that I had a leak at the bottom of my Aqualift muffler...boy, there's alot of reading to do on this subject according to what I have found so far. I guess that's a matter for another posting! Thank you all again! Ghislain Gaumond "Emilie-Jolie" C30 1987 #4708

D

dan

add my thanks too!

add my thanks to Ghislain's. although I have been sailing for over 20 yrs the C30 is so much more boat than my old C25, there is certainly LOTS to learn. mainly the U25 v- 8hp Johnson LOL. thanks again for all the help!

J

Joe Refkin, Skooky 3

Since 1971

I'm now to this list this year also. My c-30 is my 4th boat, but the others were all day sailers (even if you could week-end on them). The large cabin and other "real boat" aspects of Skooky 3 are "new" to me. The help I have gained from this list and the c-30 list have been a major support. thanks all Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.