Male NMEA connection for Raymarine Raymic

Jun 1, 2021
Beneteau 34 Chesapeake Bay
Looking for the male NMEA connection to connect a Raymic to the pedestal. The Raymarine model is Ray55. Thanks,

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Looking for the male NMEA connection to connect a Raymic to the pedestal. The Raymarine model is Ray55. Thanks,
Unlikely that the connector itself will be available. Possibly an extension cable (Raymarine R42124) or old mic (A46051) would allow you to cut off the male end and splice to your handset. Otherwise a new handset will be in order.

RayMarine RayMic 2nd Station, Ray55

Maybe you can call and discuss taking it off their hands at a price that you are comfortable with.

Here is a thread from an old, now closed down, Raymarine forum that talks about your issue. It may get you started.

. . . A46051 remote handset connector

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The Radio has been discontinued. The Raymarine sight shows this link to a cable.

What fittings do you have? Looking at the mic is it multi pins? Does it fit a radio mic cable, not the SeatalkNG cable?

Note connecting the radio to the network is to provide the DSC connection for 0183 data transfer.

Apr 28, 2022
Benneteau 34 Pasadena
The Radio has been discontinued. The Raymarine sight shows this link to a cable.

What fittings do you have? Looking at the mic is it multi pins? Does it fit a radio mic cable, not the SeatalkNG cable?

Note connecting the radio to the network is to provide the DSC connection for 0183 data transfer.
I have the RAYMIC as a remote mic at the pedestal using the connecting cable from a RAY55 VHF. The Mic is a female 5 over 5 pin configuration. The replacement cable Part R42124 is not available in all the usual places. Right now I either need to find some new old stock, cannibalize from a boat graveyard, or find a different manufacturer whose cable works.

When I saw DMclaughlin's question for the same boat and radio I have I was hoping he had a solution.

Thanks for the response

Ellis

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
When I saw DMclaughlin's question for the same boat and radio I have I was hoping he had a solution.
Ellis, the OP, DMclaughlin only made that one post on 1 Jun 2021. He was last seen on the forum on 3 Jun 2021. You may have some luck contacting him if you send him an email. You can do this by clicking on his avatar > Send a Private Message.
Good luck.

Apr 28, 2022
Benneteau 34 Pasadena
Ellis, the OP, DMclaughlin only made that one post on 1 Jun 2021. He was last seen on the forum on 3 Jun 2021. You may have some luck contacting him if you send him an email. You can do this by clicking on his avatar > Send a Private Message.
Good luck.
Will do. Thanks

Oct 22, 2014
Swimfar. I believe the problem you are experiencing in your parts search stems from the issue that the radio is a European marketed radio. Raymarine segments their products by region. The Ray55 is a Ray55E. You would need try and match the pins/plug at a HAM Radio store, or seek a Raymarine supplier in Europe.
  • Raymarine Ray55E VHF Marine Radio European Version - E43037
Checking the Raymarine US Site shows that the VHF 55 is not even a "Legacy product". That is what leads me to believe it would be a "Grey Market" item in the US.

Oct 22, 2014
Here is a link showing the radio.

I am a tiny bit confused. Are you seeking to plug a hand held mike into the radio from the Cockpit? or are you seekign to connect the radio for the 0183 signal to your Seatalk network?

Apr 28, 2022
Benneteau 34 Pasadena
Thanks. The Ray 55 came as original equipment on my Benneteau 34 built in Marion South Carolina. I'm assuming it is a Ray55 because it came with a Ray218 & Ray55 owner's manual, and it looks like the picture of the Ray 55, not the Ray218. One option I have is to cut off both plugs and hard wire the remote mic. Your idea on a ham radio shop is a good one, I'll take a walk down that road before making any cuts to the mic cord.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.