Mac 26S Mast-raising System

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
TES 246 Versus near Vancouver, BC
I've made a PDF that shows the mast-raising system I built for my 1995 Macgregor 26S. I'm posting it here in Trailer Sailors in the hope that some of the ideas I've used will be helpful to other trailer sailors.

Unlike many Macgregor owners, I keep my boat at home and tow and launch it every time I sail. So, having a fast and easy to use mast raising system is very important to me. My system allows me to raise or lower the mast when the boat is on the trailer, tied to a dock, or motoring on the water. That makes launching easy and means that I spend only about five or ten minutes at the boat launch, which makes my whole trip more enjoyable.

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Whoever buys your Macgregor 26S will get a very useful modification for launching.

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
TES 246 Versus near Vancouver, BC
Thanks, @sail sfbay ! We tow and launch every time we sail, so it was worth it to me to streamline the process. Before I built the system, I didn't appreciate how much better it is to be able to raise (or drop) the mast while on the water. Now that I've experienced it, it amazes me that all trailerable boats don't come with a system that makes it easy to do that.