M-25 oil pan hose

Jul 20, 2020
Catalina C-30 Noank
Just moved up to the C-30 so happy! is there a pump that comes with a suction hose connection that will screw onto the M-25 hose nipple? If not suggestions on what to purchase.
thank you

May 7, 2011
C - 30 # 3573 Lake NormanNC formerly Bflo NY
AE

Are you SURE you have an M-25? And not an M-25XP? The M-25 didn't come with a hose.
Do you have the manuals? Boat owners, engine ops, engine parts, engine technical?

The hose fitting on the M-25XPA is 1/4" NPT, but that engine was by Westerbke (after it bought Univeral Medalist.) So I can't verify the size used on the earlier engine. It MAY be 1/4" but the XPA hose is a different part # so who knows.

For my money, if I had the drain hose I would put a female quick-connect on the end and a male end on my pump hose (or on a barbed fitting so I could use a throw-away hose) so I didn't need to mess with the fitting anymore. I use a 12/ impeller pump that I suck thru the dipstick tube (or "guide, oil" as Kubota calls it.) It is a multi=purpose pump I have set up for many uses on the boat. I bought a Worst Marine 12v pump and it lasted 2 seasons. I have used this one for 25 years.

It really helps if you put your boat, hull, keel, engine info ( mk-?, yr? tr/sr? bs? fk/sk/wk? hull #? etc.) in your profile or signature to help us help you.

Cheers, Ken

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
The M-25 didn't come with a hose.
My M25 has one, don't know if the PO put it on, but doubt it, he wasn't that kinda guy. It has a male threaded fitting on it.
I just found a female fitting to match and put it on the hose to my hand pump to change the oil.

May 7, 2011
Interesting... unless AE has a very late mk-I but kids haven’t see a hose on the ‘30s m25. I think cty changed to the yanmar somewhere in that timeframe. Of course I do know a few m25 owners who added a hose when they replaced engine mounts. I’m wagering 10:1 odds on a mis ID of the engine. We just had a member who got two different engines ID’d by two different surveyors. Ha!

Jul 20, 2020
Catalina C-30 Noank
HI Guy's,

Your correct it is the M-25XP 1989 C-30 #5355 I'm in contact with the previous owner for guidance.

Thank you for taking the time.

Stay safe,

John

May 7, 2011
John
If interested I could dig out the info on my multi-tasking pump for you. Why not just unscrew the plug on the drain hose and take it to a hardware store** or big box to verify whether it’s 1/4” npt?

Harbor Freight and offers have air line quick connects that could be put on the hose to make it easy peasy to attach a pump to. There’s more compact mini Colder brand QCs that I use for other applications (if interested I could send you info.)

** if you can find one, these are the threatened species of neighborhood retail establishments that used to stock everything under the sun where you’d be greeted by a friendly helpful owner who couldn’t do enough to help you out the door with what you needed.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
My M25 has a oil sump hose. My 12 on an older boat/engine also had the oil sump hose.

Dec 23, 2010
catilina 36 abacos, bahamas
I recently discovered that hose in the bilge on my new to me ‘90 - 30 ‘ Cat - that hose scars the hell out of me - I can only imagine something going wrong and losing oil - I’ll replace it on the next oil change with a oil pan plug - no hose -