Luna, The Story of a Forgotten Catalina 30.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Visiting a boat that you have sold, is Kind-a-like visiting an ex-girlfriend...

Things are just different... after you said... let's be friends.

Feb 18, 2022
Catalina 36 Port Orchard
Visiting a boat that you have sold, is Kind-a-like visiting an ex-girlfriend...

Things are just different... after you said... let's be friends.
Agreed, but it was still good to see her again. If I get “Cetus” I will have a new girlfriend, one that needs some serious care but I have the skills. If I don’t do it she will most likely be scrapped. There are too few 36’s out there and this one is salvageable.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Believe me I under stand... Hadley had 119 sisters. I only know of 4 that are still sailing. Perhaps it is why I spent the past 16 months trying to give her a chance to sail big waters again. Wow... You gave me a new way of thinking about my boat. Thanks.

Feb 18, 2022
Catalina 36 Port Orchard
So the Catalina 36 story is as follows. The owner of the marina still has a little paperwork to do, then it needs to go to an official auction. Once it does then it can be sold. Now that he knows at least one party is interested he is going to finish up the paperwork and in 4 or 5 weeks it will be on the block.

sabre

Jul 11, 2023
catalina 30 washington, nc
I'll be following your adventure - Monday I'm looking at a 1986 30 that's been sitting in the water for five years. An older women was stay-abourd for 10 years then sold it due to health reasons. The new owner didn't touch afterwards. From pics the sales person sent I'll be filling my pickup up a few times with assorted junk. If I decide to buy it I'll definately be getting a professional survey done. At this marina they'll lift out for the inspection. Any cautions on pressure washing the hull? And what should be done while it's out of the water? I'd just as soon replace any through-hull fitting and the shaft packing if nothing else.

Feb 18, 2022
Catalina 36 Port Orchard
I'll be following your adventure - Monday I'm looking at a 1986 30 that's been sitting in the water for five years. An older women was stay-abourd for 10 years then sold it due to health reasons. The new owner didn't touch afterwards. From pics the sales person sent I'll be filling my pickup up a few times with assorted junk. If I decide to buy it I'll definately be getting a professional survey done. At this marina they'll lift out for the inspection. Any cautions on pressure washing the hull? And what should be done while it's out of the water? I'd just as soon replace any through-hull fitting and the shaft packing if nothing else.
If you have the time, a new coat of bottom paint is always a good idea, check the zincs on the prop shaft and check the prop andshaft for damage or deterioration.