Looking for a Westerbeke fuel injection pump

Dec 30, 2020
Morgan 30 Severn River
Been on backorder from Westerbeke for 5 months now and I don't think they are going to restock any time soon. Looking for either the actual part or a third-party that might work in my motor. I've got a 12b Two diesel and the part number I'm looking for is 033181. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
I think Westerbeke engines are Mitsubishi. My engine (4 cylinder) has a model number k4f 1.49.. on the port side near the throttle controls on the engine. A quick look on ebay and this model / injection pump does come up. I used to get my C30 universal parts from a Kubota dealer. They couldn't look up the marine part numbers but if I brought the part number in, they would order it.

Attachments

Dec 30, 2020
Morgan 30 Severn River
I think Westerbeke engines are Mitsubishi. My engine (4 cylinder) has a model number k4f 1.49.. on the port side near the throttle controls on the engine. A quick look on ebay and this model / injection pump does come up. I used to get my C30 universal parts from a Kubota dealer. They couldn't look up the marine part numbers but if I brought the part number in, they would order it.
Hm, this is interesting. I don’t know exactly the model injection pump that I have but in the chance that it is not a k4f 1.49, would I be able to retrofit one of those to my motor? I’m not super well versed in how motors actually work yet but are there any specifications I should watch out for if I did want to retrofit one?

Dec 30, 2020
Morgan 30 Severn River
Welcome to the forum!! Some options come to mind:

This is a long shot but have tried to source one from 033181 | Westerbeke Fuel Injection Pump | Diesel Parts Direct ?

Consider having it rebuilt? One rebuild shop is Fred Holms Fuel Injection About Us - Fred Holmes Fuel Injection

This thread might be helpful: Universal Fuel Injector Replacement (not rebuild)
Yea unfortunately I’ve called almost every company that comes up as having the part at some point and it seems they all order their parts direct from westerbeke and don’t have a back stock of the part. I am definitely going to look into having it rebuilt

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I helped a buddy rebuild his Westerbeke .. we found that it was a Mitsubishi tractor motor and once we figured out which one, were able to source parts from Mitsu.. We also found that Westerbeke has some very strict agreements with the folks who supply their engines (they use a couple of different suppliers), so that no parts can (knowingly) be sold through the engine supplier; the parts from Westerbeke are 50% to 200% more. We found this when we tried to buy from one Mitsu guy and made the mistake of telling him it was for a Westerbeke marinized engine.. As RitSim notes above, with a little detective work, you can usually find what ya need for the basic engine.. Good Luck.
EDIT: we found the engine to be a Mitsu when we saw the little three bladed propeller logo inside this piston. (picture does not show it)
Westerbeke Piston.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
Do you still have the old pump? If so, Baltimore Diesel in Glen Burnie rebuilt mine (W20B) last year. They did a great job at a very reasonable price. Your profile says you are on the Severn so that will not be far.