Loading boat on trailer

Apr 3, 2020
Hunter 23.5 Frenchtown, MT
No story, but it's truly amazing slippery things get until the bunks dry out again.

Aug 5, 2022
Hunter 18.5 Big Creek
Update
Thank you all for your input. I think that I now understand why my new-to-me boat is not setting level on the trailer.

When I noticed that the boat was not level, I thought that I must be doing something wrong when loading the boat onto the trailer. This boat does not load or launch like my previous boat. I had no experience trailering anything with a keel. The previous owner had passed away, so I could not ask for advice from him. I did not know what were the important things to consider when loading this boat on the trailer.

The boat is now in storage. In order to fit it inside my storage unit, I had to remove some shelving. While the boat is inside there is not enough room to get around it, so I have to climb over it or crawl under it to get to anything stored behind the boat. As a result of crawling under the boat, I have become much more familiar with the trailer and I noticed one of the bunks supporting the hull was higher than the other. I confirmed the difference in height with a tape measure. This is the reason that the boat is not level. It was not something I had been doing wrong while loading.

I am now confident that there are no major issues with the way I am launching and load the boat. I can leave the trailer as is knowing it is supported at three locations, two supporting bunks and the keel. I may try to level the boat by raising the lowest bunk and lowering the highest hunk. Making adjustments and keeping all three points properly supporting the boat may be kind of tricky. In any case, tweaking the trailer looks like a nice-to-do task instead of a must-do task.
Once again thanks for the input.