Lloyds not insuring Beneteau sailboats

Dec 21, 2017
Beneteau 31 Vancouver
My insurance is coming due in July and I was just notified by my agent that Lloyds is no longer insuring beneteau boats. Has anyone else experienced this? I was told they are no longer insuring beneteau sailboats because there are too many of them and a lot of claims. Seems fishy to me.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
My insurance is coming due in July and I was just notified by my agent that Lloyds is no longer insuring beneteau boats. Has anyone else experienced this? I was told they are no longer insuring beneteau sailboats because there are too many of them and a lot of claims. Seems fishy to me.
Odd. I would call Lloyds directly to double check. If true, there's more to that story...

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
It wouldn't surprise me they have cut corners so much as in the rigging on newer boats I have personally seen 2 failures where the U-bolt pulled thru the deck . Boats like mine have rods transferring the loads down to the hull and matrix. Beneteau did come good for the repairs .

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Isn't Beneteau a prime supplier of charter and bareboats? This may just be the losses of 2 years ago catching up.