LCD TV/PC Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan Johnson

TV Mount

Ed, I went with the OmniMount swing arm unit to make the screen viewable from anywhere in the cabin. The debate between me and the Admiral is where to put it. The Admiral prefers the starboard side head bulkhead, just below the deck so it would fold up flat against it when not in use and be viewable from the settee when swung out. I prefer the vanity bulkhead just below the deck because the exterior antenna connection is by the nav station and I can couple it into the stereo's CD changer connection. We're taking a cardboard template down on the next trip to see which location would work best.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
TV Mount 2.

Darn, went to the boat today and forgot the template. Then I came home, the doorbell rings, it is UPS with the new LCD TV. The mount that comes with the unit is a hinge so that it could be mounted wall or table. But the swing arm or articulating arm would be much better. Problem is that my new LCD unit does not seem to have the bolt pattern that they illustrate.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Arrived today.

The photo does not do it justice. I had to angle the camera to keep the flash off of the screen. The display is bright and clear. In this case The Cap'n displaying one of my playgrounds, Pamlico Sound and Morehead City. Even the PC cable was included. I plugged it into my laptop and clicked on a couple of "Next" buttons as it found the driver. Earlier I plugged the TV cable into it. Now to find the right place on the boat.

D

Dan Johnson

Contact Omnimount

Ed, I just made a mounting template for my set-up last night. If I remember right, the Omnimount instructions said to contact them if the bolt pattern isn't a match as they have some adaptors that may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.