La Niña

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Our weather forecasters can’t get it right more than 50% of the time, for more than a few days in the future…

I don’t think I am going to put too much stock in the El Niño / La Niña forecast…

The map says “wetter” in my area (south end of Lake Michigan)…but I don’t know if that means more snow or rain…

Greg
Modern day Farmers Almanac?

dj

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I don’t know if that means more snow or rain
Ans: Yes

Another answer...
This angle our Sun's Energy hits the Earth, changes daily. Until December 21st, that angle is smaller, daily.
That is the beginning of Winter.;)

Jim...

PS: I bet my forecast is correct.:pimp:

Nov 30, 2020
Macgregor 22 Dania, FL
Haver you tried the Haulover Inlet?
I am guessing the video on the Haulover Inlet was intended as a joke. If you do try it, watch out for two BIG sandbars just inside. Shallow enough to ground a Macgregor 22.

Chip V.
S/V Sand Dollar
(now u know where the name came from)

• Ha
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Hey Tom,
Reflecting on my Monday forecast, the winds will still be shifting to the North on Friday. Here is what it looks like Thurs thru Sun AM.
Port St Lucie FL.jpg

• Helpful
Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Yesterday, Tuesday, was a very windy day. I think NW - maybe more N but not correlating with the NE shown on Windy. Or maybe I can't tell from my location. Should have helped blow some of that water out. Today I heard on forecast that yet another cold front will be coming through. Winds shift N and pipe up.

Oct 22, 2014
Lets hope that my skills get better.
I will then be Thankful

Jan 5, 2021
Hunter 41 DS Saint Petersburg
I like to use the Sailflow app. It seems to have quite a few local stations in FL. for forecasting. It's free, so it's for me!

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Lets hope that my skills get better.
I will then be Thankful
No worse than the folks that get paid to tell the weather :)

Luckily Our weather girl is easy on the eyes, so I don’t condemn her for the missed forecasts…

1637801897059.jpeg

• Ha
Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I didn't mean to criticize anyone's forecast. I was just tryin to convey what I've observed. FWIW now we are having NE winds again.

Oct 22, 2014
No problem here, Andrew. Weather is fickle. Since they pay me very little for the opinion, if it is right or it is wrong - all the same.

Next year I hope to get twice as much. (2xZero.) and I am sure that the product will be about the same. 50-50...

After all it is weather...

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
I have been able to observe what effects this anchorage since we have moved to several spots. There are areas which are calmer, but usually in variable current directions. It did spin our boat 360 around the anchor when the current was slack.

Jan 5, 2021
Hunter 41 DS Saint Petersburg
I didn't mean to criticize anyone's forecast. I was just tryin to convey what I've observed. FWIW now we are having NE winds again.
No problem here. Just tossing out localized weather options. Unfortunately there isn't a Weather Girl on the SailFlow app.