Knot Meter location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebsail

Nov 28, 2010
O day 25 Nyack. New York
I want to install a knot meter in my 25. Has anyone done this on this model? And if so, exactly where did you locate it in the hull so that it could be removed to service from the interior? I was thinking to put it just to the side of the keel area. Any help would be appreciated. I don't like cutting holes in the hull wo I would like to this only once. Ernie

Erieau

Apr 3, 2009
Oday 25 Erieau
Mine was under the v-berth, about 6 inches to port of centreline, 4 inches ahead of bulkhead (so, directly under the lid that's under the v-berth cushions). The water flow is undisturbed this far forward, and there are no vortices from the keel. FWIW, my depth sounder transducer is to starboard, mirroring where the knot log transducer was.

I say was because the PO's install was shoddy and it leaked badly, it had a broken vane on the paddlewheel, and the cockpit gauge was sunbeaten into worthlesness. So, in my quest for Fewer Holes In The Hull (tm), this fall I glassed over the hole. I'm going without. I may regret it.

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
My friend Wayne installed the paddle wheel on his rudder. He asked me to pick up a short track and car for him so that he could mount it on the car and be able to slide the paddle wheel up and out of the water when his boat was on the mooring. I picked up the car and track for about $4.00 at a marine consignment store in Newport RI.
This set up never collects marine growth when it's not in use. His paddle wheel is a real old but goodie but It works for him.

Attachments

Sep 25, 2008
Oday 25 Gibraltar
I also installed my transducers in front of the keel and put in this access panel to easily get to the transducers. With cushions on the vee berth plus sail bags and it being a deep empty space underneath the panel is essential. I found the panel on clearance a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.