kittiwake owners

Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
hello all

I am looking for other kittiwake owners on here... I am a new owner of a kittiwake sailboat... I am looking to talk to other kittiwake owners on this site... I would like to seek their advice on modifications, changes, and improvements on the boats...

sincerely
Jess

Jun 5, 2014
Kittiwake 23 23 Texas City
hello all

I am looking for other kittiwake owners on here... I am a new owner of a kittiwake sailboat... I am looking to talk to other kittiwake owners on this site... I would like to seek their advice on modifications, changes, and improvements on the boats...

sincerely
Jess
I just picked up a kittiwake 23 Hull # 205, need as much information as I can get on her. Just pulled out and having a bottom job done. Need to replace all the topeside wood, especially hatches, help!

Dec 7, 2012
hello

welcome to the family

I have hull no#214.... there is something special about these Kittiwake boats.... I am doing some repairs to the keel right now... when I bought mine it had set on the trailer for 10 years and not used.... I will be repainting the bottom, the deck, and the inside of the cabin... I am putting all new ropes on it... I am adding hardware and winches.... I plan to set it up for solo sailing... I am putting a block plate under the mast step... I also set up the mast for the main halyard and jib halyard to run internally.... the one big shieve inside the mast at the top, I replaced with 2 shieves ... and I put 2 blocks on the masthead to handle the topping lift and the spinnaker halyard... I am also replacing the single axle trailer with a newer tandem axle trailer this week....

I see you bought Fred Hastings boat.... there is a Kittiwake registry site... it has some information, but the site has not been updated in years... you can also go to yahoo groups and talk to other kittiwake owners... I believe someone said there is a group of kittiwake owners on facebook too... there are a couple of kittiwake owners on this site too...

if you have any question or need help, just ask... I will do all I can to help you...

sincerely
Jess

Jun 5, 2014
Kittiwake 23 23 Texas City
Can you take a picture of where and how you have located the bilge pump, mine has non, so purchased a

Hopefully will be suitable. In addition my outboard mount is toast, can you also show me what your looks like.

Thanks for the welcome

Trevor

hello

welcome to the family

I have hull no#214.... there is something special about these Kittiwake boats.... I am doing some repairs to the keel right now... when I bought mine it had set on the trailer for 10 years and not used.... I will be repainting the bottom, the deck, and the inside of the cabin... I am putting all new ropes on it... I am adding hardware and winches.... I plan to set it up for solo sailing... I am putting a block plate under the mast step... I also set up the mast for the main halyard and jib halyard to run internally.... the one big shieve inside the mast at the top, I replaced with 2 shieves ... and I put 2 blocks on the masthead to handle the topping lift and the spinnaker halyard... I am also replacing the single axle trailer with a newer tandem axle trailer this week....

I see you bought Fred Hastings boat.... there is a Kittiwake registry site... it has some information, but the site has not been updated in years... you can also go to yahoo groups and talk to other kittiwake owners... I believe someone said there is a group of kittiwake owners on facebook too... there are a couple of kittiwake owners on this site too...

if you have any question or need help, just ask... I will do all I can to help you...

sincerely
Jess

Dec 7, 2012
hello

nice bilge pump... you got a good one... you need one that is automatic, not one that needs a separate float switch...

my outboard motor fit under the hatch at the rear of the cockpit... I have a 1965 Johnson seahorse 4 hp outboard motor... it has the long shaft for the sailboat...

if your motor well is missing or damaged, I would suggest you rebuild it, and reinforce it with a wood brace.... the brace can be used for the motor mount too....

for information on the boat, go to 'sailboatdata.com'

I will try to get some pictures for you....

sincerely
Jess