Kitchen faucet

May 23, 2020
Hunter 336 Almere
Dear all, the kitchen faucet (looks original 1995) on our Hunter 336 needs replacement. We already have a new one, but have no idea how to remove the old one. It is especially unpossible to reach the bolts that attach it to the downside of the kitchen counter. We are already at the point to saw out a panel in the backside of the couch, but are hoping for a less destructive approach. Any suggestions or tips? Chiel and Jacqueline from the Netherlands

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Welcome to the forum! I can't offer help on that one, but just wanted to say WELCOME.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Hi @Stouthard. I see you have been a member for a while, and your boat must have triggered enough frustration to cause you to yell for help. Boats can be a pain at times.

The SBO help desk using the phone number is the one Dave is talking about. For a nominal fee you can get expert help from guys who worked in the factory. They are extremely helpful.

That said, another way to gain some insight from the members here is to post pictures of what is driving you crazy. Some of our members have played in boats like yours solving problems. Others her have experience that might give you ideas on how to address your problem.

You have nothing to loose but the time to take some pictures and post them here on the site.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

BobH57

Oct 23, 2019
Hunter 410 Solomons, MD
I initially bought one of those t-handle faucet wrenches to remove the single nut mounting my old faucet, but had zero luck with that. I ended up working the copper tubing back and forth until it broke off near the nut, then used a deep socket with a long extension to remove the nut. I believe the socket needed was 15/16" or 1", so I ended up renting an oversized socket set from the local hardware store. Love the new faucet, though! Best of luck with yours.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
That basin wrench is a very useful tool and can save a lot of skinned up knouckles!

Greg

May 23, 2020
Hunter 336 Almere
Dear all, you have been extremely helpful! The faucet wrench finally did the trick, and a nice fine saw made it possible to remove the parts on top of the kitchen counter. So we are enjoying a brand new tap and are looking forward to a sunny and corona-free sailing season. Wish all of you the same and thanks a million! Chiel and Jacqueline