• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

kitchen appliance power

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
When we acquired our boat it came with a 1000 watt inverter. Started looking for a coffee maker to use during the repositioning. Had wanted to use a Keurig. Research showed it required 1500 watts. Oops, too much. Started looking at drip coffee pots. Joe DiMaggio would be proud... The Mr Coffee was rated at 700 watts. Worked just great. My chief concern is the glass carafe. We got some bubble wrap and secure the pot within..

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser Portland OR, moored EVERETT WA
Oh... Well that is a horse of a different color...

I understand. I have a 4 cup coffee maker I found on line for less than $30 bucks. When I use home ground Sumatra Beans, it makes the most delicious liquid in the morning. The draw back is it requires AC power. When not connected I heat water on the stove and use a drip cone. Same idea just more moving parts, namely me.

Scott B

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Even though this thread was originally started in 2015 and resurected by a spammer ( now banned ) it's a coffee discussion so I'll throw my 2cents in. Bought this last year and has worked great. Makes 10 cups and the carafe keeps it warm for couple hours. Only uses some propane to boil the water.