Jabsco toilet pump "stuck" in the up position

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I second the Super Lube. On the newer Twist Lock Jabscos , very easy to lube the piston by just unscrewing the top of the pump. The handle can be used to twist off the plug where the shaft goes through. Takes about 3 seconds.. (for this job, don't mess with the little screws that hold the valve top on) then lube the pump piston o-ring and a thin coat on the upper cylinder walls.. and screw the top back on..

Apr 26, 2014
Oday 34 Cape coral yacht basin
I use SuperLube. In fact, stopped buying the squeeze tubes and get the can(not sure of weight, about the size of a peanut can). I was just saying that the blue treatment I had purchased is harsh, and after flushing a few ounces into the tank it instantly made the pump harder and I can hear almost a squeeking from the pump. I could not find Digest-It and was stuck buying that product. The Digest It eats away residue from the oil in the tank and I have found nothing better to use.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Kinda hard to squirt it into the pump from a can isn't it? And you DO need to use it that way--a good tablespoon of it. Just dabbing a little on the o-rings and seals isn't worth the effort it takes to do that.