Jabsco head on 2003 H-260 joker valve

Kivalo

Jun 5, 2011
Hunter 260 Owasco Lake
Hi all,
I have 2003 H-260 and last night the seat and lid of the head broke off. Some plastic from the hinges fell into the bowl and I picked them out. I thought I got all of them but later when I used the head it began back filling into the toilet bowl as soon as I stopped pumping/flushing.
My guess is that I didn't actually get all the plastic out of the bowl and a piece got stuck in the joker valve. Does this sound reasonable given the circumstance?

Thanks,
Brad

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Only one way to find out: remove the discharge fitting from the pump and take a look. Unless it's a new joker valve, I'd replace it while it's off.
Btw...if your toilet bowl is "household" size, you can find replacements for the seat and lid that'll fit at Home Depot and Lowes for a LOT less than any marine source.

--Peggie

Kivalo

Jun 5, 2011
Hunter 260 Owasco Lake
Thanks, Peggy. I guess I'll have to dig into this on my day off.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Replacing the joker valve is a fifteen minute job! Just don't overtighten the screws when you put the fitting back onto the pump. The flange on the joker valve is the gasket that seals the connection...overtightening the screws will cause it to pucker, which will cause it to leak. You can pick up a new toilet seat any evening...another 15 minutes to install it. A total of about a half hour's work and you'll have whole day off to enjoy the boat.
--Peggie

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Good point (that's called a flapper valve, btw)...unless he has an electric toilet. Those don't have flapper valves, but a piece of plastic can definitely play hell with the discharge impeller and macerator blade. In either case, I wouldn't use the toilet again till he's had a chance to find out what if anything has gone down it.
--Peggie