Its funny Friday!

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
Kermit, here's my boat book on the coffee table.
IMG_20231102_163530542.jpg

The base of the coffee table is a trunk from an old old Texas Hill Country oak. The sawmill cut the top and bottom flat but when we pulled it from the trunk at the house it split in half. We found the glass in the backyard of the Pensacola house. Cleaned it up and glued it to the stump.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Kermit, here's my boat book on the coffee table.
View attachment 221127

The base of the coffee table is a trunk from an old old Texas Hill Country oak. The sawmill cut the top and bottom flat but when we pulled it from the trunk at the house it split in half. We found the glass in the backyard of the Pensacola house. Cleaned it up and glued it to the stump.
I loves me some Texas Hill Country. I saw my first road runner and caracara in the Hill Country.

Apr 11, 2020
MacGregor 26s Scott's Landing, Grapevine TX
An Aggie, having inherited a plot of land in the Piney Woods of East Texas, set about to clear some land to build on. Being told he would need a good chainsaw, he purchase one at the local hardware store and was assured by the clerk he would be able to take down at least ten trees a day using it. He was disappointed to only be able to fell two trees in the course of a day. He took the chainsaw back to the hardware store and they said they would give it a thorough tune-up. He went next door to grab lunch, picked up the chainsaw from the hardware store, and headed home. The next day was slightly better - three trees. He managed better with four trees the next day but was still not happy. He took the chainsaw back to the hardware store and demanded his money back, reminding them of their 10 tree a day promise. The clerk looked the chainsaw over, primed it, yanked the starter cord and the saw started and ran just fine, at which point the Aggie exclaimed "What's that noise?!!".

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/74/04/BB1DB5F9-5AD5-4F26-951E-F78AAC905664/IMG_3776.heic

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Everything you need to know in life is explained in Mel Blanc’s barnyard characters. And they were put away because they were too violent. Has violence lessened? And yet we lost a treasure of humor and some life lessons.