Its funny Friday!

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I remember filling my motorcycle for about 40 cents!

but I hauled Tally Ho out for the winter last week, called the marina over to the fuel dock so I could top off my diesel tank. I had put 5 gallons in from a Jerry can this summer…so it took a tad over 5 gallons, and a $20.01 fuel bill. Drives the power boaters crazy :)

So I sailed and motored Tally Ho all summer for about 10 gallons of fuel, $40.

Oh yeah, ,I remember getting $1.90 minimum wage !

Greg

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
A lady of the evening sees a lonely man walking along the street, approaches him and says "I will do anything you want for $100". The man thinks about it for a moment then asks "anything?". She winks and replies "yes, anything". So the man hands a $100 bill and says "paint my house".

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
A lady of the evening sees a lonely man walking along the street, approaches him and says "I will do anything you want for $100". The man thinks about it for a moment then asks "anything?". She winks and replies "yes, anything". So the man hands a $100 bill and says "paint my house".
Keeping with a marine theme:
A lady of the evening sees a man walking up from the fuel dock, approaches him and says "I will do anything you want for $100". The man thinks about it for a moment then asks "anything?". She winks and replies "yes, anything". So the man hands a $100 bill and says "fill up my power boat, that big one over”

Sorry DArcy

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Seen yesterday at a marina. Look closely at the object on the ground next to the trash can. Maybe he upgraded his anchor? There’s got to be a story behind that.

IMG_7800.jpeg

Attachments

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Of course everything was less then. You could occasionally get gas for 25 cents a gallon when competing stations were having "gas wars".
Except that my car of the time only got about 5 mpg :what:. 55 chevy with built 327 :cool: the best of times

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
In 1977 I had a 1965 Volkswagen squareback. The tank wouldn’t even hold $5 of gas. (Now I can’t afford $5 worth of gas.)
Between the back cargo area and the front engine compartment (the engine fell out but luckily I had a spare in the back) I could carry all of my possessions. * THOSE* were the days!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
In 1977 I could fit everything I owned, which wasn’t much, into my Fiat. It was beautiful. In 1992 when I moved the moving company had to send a second truck. What happened? I got married.
Lyric from an unrermembered musical artist: “… I packed up everything I owned in a two tone Eldorado and hit the road …"

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Lyric from an unrermembered musical artist: “… I packed up everything I owned in a two tone Eldorado and hit the road …"
My first thought was Jim Croce but I’m pretty sure that’s not right. I googled your lyrics and can’t find anything.
Anyone???

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
My first thought was Jim Croce but I’m pretty sure that’s not right. I googled your lyrics and can’t find anything.
Anyone???
This?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
You can keep your El Dorado
Man, the foreign car's absurd
If there's a God up in heaven, he's got a...
Flight De Ville
Like a cool breeze.

-Will

Apr 11, 2020
MacGregor 26s Scott's Landing, Grapevine TX
Keeping with a marine theme:
A lady of the evening sees a man walking up from the fuel dock, approaches him and says "I will do anything you want for $100". The man thinks about it for a moment then asks "anything?". She winks and replies "yes, anything". So the man hands a $100 bill and says "fill up my power boat, that big one over”

Sorry DArcy
Later, as he floats on the lake with a dead motor, he learns that she she did indeed fill it. With water.

On the car theme - my favorite lyric, courtesy of Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen:

"My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln"

Last edited: