Its funny Friday!

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Wow! Perpendicular to the vehicle ! "Stupid is as stupid does".:yikes:
Well, as long as the overall width does not exceed 8.5' - driver doesn't need an oversize permit to drive like that... The roof racks don't have cross bars looks like. I'll bet that was the reason for that less than ideal orientation....

Now, why am I not condemning what is obviously an idiotic move? Well, the old expression of "Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones" comes to mind.... I'd be lying if I said my historical past was blemish free....

I recall prior to going to college, working as a contractor to make money to attend college, picking up a solid door (it was quit heavy) that was being thrown out at a job site. I wanted to use that door to make a work table in my basement, it was perfect for it! The door was about to be thrown out and I only had a few minutes to get it and take it home. I had absolutely nothing to tie it onto my car with and couldn't find anything anywhere so I just put it on the roof of my car, an old Saab V4 (very rounded roof line) and put my arm out the window holding it on - really just balancing it. I could only go about 10 mph or the wind was too strong to keep it balanced. I made it home OK, but it sure got dicey a couple times on the way... Going down a 6 lane highway at 10 MPH with 4 way flashers on and an obviously large, unsecured object on top of the car made a lot of drivers VERY nervous passing me... Glad it predated the ubiquitous cell phone camera or I'd be on a site like this somewhere I'm sure...

dj

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
The ladder kinda reminds me of this:

Seriously. What kind of thunder would you have to call down to get this kind of passive aggressive middle finger?
:biggrin: Reading the stall walls in the men's rooms on the factory floor here, not much! It's like a truckstop. Luckily we have those large enclosed paper dispensers. The office areas are more 'mature'.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Does Darwin come to mind? :poke::stir::beer:
I'm very familiar with Darwin and Darwinian theory...

In my case I really did nothing to endanger myself, well with the exception of someone potentially wishing to kill me...

True story: There was a researcher in the Pacific Islands doing research on the work that the chief science officer on the Beagle had reported. The microscope used was a French made instrument that had uncommon lense designations. The researcher asked on a microscopy group if anyone knew what those corresponded to in modern magnifications in order for him to interpret those results.

I happen to own an identical microscope with all the lens combinations and their respective magnifications so I sent him a copy. It was really cool. He and I corresponded for several years after that - lovely folk those Pacific Islanders!

dj

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Now, why am I not condemning what is obviously an idiotic move? Well, the old expression of "Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones" comes to mind.... I'd be lying if I said my historical past was blemish free....
:plus::plus::plus::plus::plus::plus::plus::plus::plus::plus::plus::plus::plus::beer:

-Will

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Well, as long as the overall width does not exceed 8.5' - driver doesn't need an oversize permit to drive like that... The roof racks don't have cross bars looks like. I'll bet that was the reason for that less than ideal orientation....

dj
I think there are cross bars…at least at the back…
54454CFB-71D7-41AF-B4A3-358E86E0495A.png

Greg