Is anyone going for one last cruise of the season

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I posted on the Weather Forum a favorable weather window for the next 10 days.

Just wondering if anyone is going to be able to take advantage of this PacNW Indian Summer opportunity.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
I posted on the Weather Forum a favorable weather window for the next 10 days.

Just wondering if anyone is going to be able to take advantage of this PacNW Indian Summer opportunity.
Yip, after we get poked with our free flu shots (sorry just had to get that in as its election day up here today) on Wednesday the crew and I will head out somewhere for most of those 10 days. Thanks John for that favourable weather window.

Oct 22, 2014
My pleaseure...

But remember I strive to inform better than the 50% most weather folk claim. It is still weather and here in the Pacific NW change is a fashion statement.

Be ready if the conditions try to spoil my record and your day on the water.

Wait how can you spoil a day on the water. Silly me.

Oct 22, 2014
Mark... Maybe in Canada or the east coast... If we have a break from the rain I get excited..

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Only one?

John must be having better weather in Ergon, unlike here in Warshton.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Hate to rub it in, but our sailing season is barely starting; gone are the long and hot doldrums of summer and our winds are returning with cooler temperatures. Mid 80F are a big difference from mid 90F. Our main escape in the summer is the Bahamas but always weary about those pesky Storms. Nothing like winter sailing, it is our turn now.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Ok. I'll give you some credit. The next handful of days are going to be nice.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
I have some critical deadlines the first week of November. After that I'm game (I might sneak out for a sanity day cruise though).

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Now that the last TS has gone (insert empty Nestor) we are going to launch for the winter trip south. Did some upgrades to put to the test.

Oct 22, 2014
Well boys (and girls), It is time to dry out the sandals, shed your socks and squeeze out that last bit of sunscreen before winter really shows up.

Next few days should be pretty nice. Best sailing days are Friday and maybe Saturday when the winds should provide time to stretch the sails and dip the lee rail.

Enjoy

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I installed my new mainsail last week, and took her out for a little 10nm sail to stretch the wrinkles out of the new sail. Fall has rolled in to the Chicago area since then, and boat is coming out of the water on Saturday.

The marina guys know...last out, first back in the water in the spring.

6DE9359A-BF89-4AF1-9D16-F2A3074AD132.jpeg

it will be a long winter ;-(

Greg

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Thursday and Friday in the mid 70s here, but then dropping to low 60s again after that. then winter arrives. Friday Jennifer has another damn Doctor thing, but THURSDAY..... Thursday I get my one last chance for a test sail of the "new" Merit 22. restored just in time for winter :( but I've GOT to get it in the water at least once or I'll go crazy (er). :laugh: Loaded up and ready to pull out in the AM :clap:.