Interior Details for a Pearson 27

SubVet

Jul 28, 2014
Pearson 27 Melbourne, Florida
Hi All:

Just took possession of a 1988 Pearson 27 - "Santana"

Was hoping to find some information on some interior details like....

Where can I find the hull number?

How to access the interior of the electrical panel - can't seem to figure out how to get it open for work. I need to replace the Antenna Coax, the radio, and clean up some messy wiring that's hanging out under the box.

What is on the starboard aft bulkhead just aft of the Nav Station - looks like it might be a raw water alarm but it's bedded under the liner.

What size plug do I need for the knot meter and depth sender thru-hulls? would like to be able to remove the knot meter when not sailing to keep it from getting fouled. Seen that on other boats.

There's a glued in plug on the aft end of the cooler that currently runs into the storage cabinet just aft of the cooler and I need to get that fixed - don't know its function and it doesn't seem to be addressed in the manual.

Overall, she's in great condition structurally but there are clearly some things to do inside.

Thanks in advance to all for any help.

Jul 24, 2013
Pearson 27 Lake George
We've had our P-27 for two years and love it.....(our first boat) I think I can be of some help.

1)Hull #: Should be a plate above the inclinameter in the cockpit
2)Getting to the electrical panel: ours is held in place with 8 tiny screws on the front??
3) Cooler - not sure if i understand your question. The cooler drains to the sink (in the head) via a pump in the sink. Perhaps that line has been removed?

SubVet

Jul 28, 2014
Thanks!

Found the hull number (#156)

Will check the access to the electrical panel - didn't see any screws but will look again.

There is about a 2" diameter hole on the aft vertical panel of the ice box (next to what I assume is the original drain) and it has been poorly filled in with some gunk. The drain hole at the bottom of the box is there and I need to run that to where it ends. Seems the hand pump in the head is not working either.

Fortunately, nothing major to deal with at all on this boat. Can't wait to get through the dead of summer down here (storms predicted every afternoon this week) and it's just too hot to be working in the cabin at this time of year.

Going to lay a tarp over the boom to see about cooling the cabin down a bit. Heat load here in Central Florida overcomes the portable A/C the prior owner sold with the boat.

SubVet

Jul 28, 2014
LOL

So... I will start taking some photos to share with you to give you a better picture of what I'm talking about and then we can possibly compare notes as it were.

I have this rhomboid panel up at the front of the vee berth/settee/lounge whateveryouproperlycall it that hooks into a slot - I have NO IDEA what its function is yet.

I found out that I DO NOT have an anchor light and will need to de-mast her to get one installed.

I just got a copy of "This Old Boat" - a great read and a great reference for those of us with older boats.

Parts have been a challenge but I'll be sure to post information here as I get it.

Also can't find the handle for the manual bilge pump but do know that it is a "Guzzler" - just need to figure out which model.

New Yanmar 2YM15 installed and need to add some monitoring gauges.

More to come.

Lelo

Jan 24, 2014
Pearson 27 Pensacola
Hi, were did the original engine go? Still have it? I also own a 27. Do you have the original owner manual with all the spec,s

SubVet

Jul 28, 2014
Hi, were did the original engine go? Still have it? I also own a 27. Do you have the original owner manual with all the spec,s

Don't know what happened to the engine - it was replaced before I got her. Yes, I still have what I believe is the original manual...

Aug 12, 2014
Pearson 27 Cocoa, Fl
I got a Pearson 27 in late August, I got her from Pompano Beach and now she home in NSB. My question (please don't laugh too loud) Where is the Seacock for the diesel, I need to close it. :redface:

Lelo

Jan 24, 2014
Pearson 27 Pensacola
I got a Pearson 27 in late August, I got her from Pompano Beach and now she home in NSB. My question (please don't laugh too loud) Where is the Seacock for the diesel, I need to close it. :redface:
There should be two seacocks on the starboard of the transmission. They may be covered by the multitude of hoses down there. One goes to the head and the other to the engine raw water pump.

Aug 12, 2014
Pearson 27 Cocoa, Fl
Thank you

I have been taken her one project at a time. Portlights, toilet, stove...cleaning, But I had not gotten into that back locker...Will be in there next Thank you

SubVet

Jul 28, 2014
Re: Thank you

Just did new screens and gaskets but still have some water infiltration. New forward hatch is also going in. Want to finish hunting down the leaks and then onto some modernization - strip and refurb all wood, upgrade electrical, etc. Apparently, TheBreeze and I are geographically close...

Aug 12, 2014
Pearson 27 Cocoa, Fl
Just did new screens and gaskets but still have some water infiltration. New forward hatch is also going in. Want to finish hunting down the leaks and then onto some modernization - strip and refurb all wood, upgrade electrical, etc. Apparently, TheBreeze and I are geographically close...
I had to change the entire portlight in the galley and the one over the Chart table/cooler. They were the original portlights and the little side window actually popped out. I called Beckson and Matt was a great help. I finished the second one Sunday. They look GREAT! I am thinking of replacing the set in the head and the Queen berth next, but I think the gaskets might hold for now. Beckson sells them in sets, but they help out with the cost due to the improvements they have made.

I love watching her come back to life! All I have to do now is get better at sailing.

SubVet

Jul 28, 2014
I believe I have the original manual, including the engine. I also posted a .pdf file of the manual on the Facebook Pearson 27 page... (and I think here too)...