Installation Frustration!

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Nice pics! Now I don't have to open mine.:biggrin:
I find when I'm tired and frustrated doing a project, it's best I walk away from it. Of course, that is not always easy for me to do and when I don't I leave something else for me to fix the next time at the boat.:oops:
Glad you now have peace of mind and can start obsessing about the next project, which I always do.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
This model fails to ground. So you get no alert that your galvanic isolator has failed...until your anode dissolves in a quick fizz! :yikes:

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
This model fails to ground. So you get no alert that your galvanic isolator has failed...until your anode dissolves in a quick fizz! :yikes:
If the unit does not have a indicator light to tell if it has failed or not, it should be tested each year. For the old style GI follow these directions https://pbase.com/mainecruising/galvanic_isolator&page=1

If the GI has failed safe there should be no resistance between the ground plug and neutral, or very little resistance. Another way to check is to measure the voltage between the hot side of the plug and the ground. If there is AC voltage the GI has failed.