In today's episode of "I'm new and I have no idea"...

HanBan

Jan 18, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 323 Pax River NAS
While the site appears to be circa 2002, http://spareparts.beneteauusa.com/controleur.php?action=accueil, can get you to diagrams for your model, and from their you can order directly (if Beneteau still has access to the parts). It's a bit clunky, but we've had some success.

adam
Thanks for this Adam. I usually use spareparts where I can, but for the life of me I couldn't find the vang I needed on their site. In the end, I went directly through usspars.

HanBan

Jan 18, 2018
BTW, having had 10 or more boats, my policy is to never throw anything out that I don't know what it is for at least 3 years, at which point I am usually ready for a new boat!
I'm beginning to learn this the hard way. :banghead:

JamesG161

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I went directly through usspars.
I have a in-mast furling drum and bearings that looked "bent or damaged".
US Spars has a drum policy of Repair, rebuild or replace, if I pay shipping and a fixed rate of $180.
I sent it to them. I got brand new bearings, full inspection and new furling line on 1 week turn around. Total cost $210. Like new. The pleasant surprise was the new furling line [I sent ZERO line to them]. Line replacement cost would have been $80, but free to me.;)
_______
Even if it is obviously a junkable part, I save the Stainless Steel, fittings and always the nuts, bolts and screws that are SS.
Jim...

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
HanBan,
I looked for the Vang on Beneteau’s spare part site; however , as you mentioned, it isn’t listed. On some items, it will not only provide the Beneteau part number, but will also give you the manufacture part number ( Lewmar hatch numbers). It isn’t a perfect system; however, I have found it to be helpful in most instances.
I have also ordered parts from US Spars; Good customer service. You can actually talk to them on the phone; they are friendly & helpful. As Jim mentioned, you can send the furling drum for your 323 to them for repairs or just order any parts from them & rebuild it yourself.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Just remember that the brown cardboard is the part that gets tossed when the thing arrives, ok? :)

HanBan

Jan 18, 2018
HanBan,
I looked for the Vang on Beneteau’s spare part site; however , as you mentioned, it isn’t listed. On some items, it will not only provide the Beneteau part number, but will also give you the manufacture part number ( Lewmar hatch numbers). It isn’t a perfect system; however, I have found it to be helpful in most instances.
I have also ordered parts from US Spars; Good customer service. You can actually talk to them on the phone; they are friendly & helpful. As Jim mentioned, you can send the furling drum for your 323 to them for repairs or just order any parts from them & rebuild it yourself.
Spareparts is usually fantastic, it's just this one item. It's all good, I'm learning new stuff all the time on here. Love it.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I have the vang from my 06 323, but you'd still need the two brackets

JamesG161

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
the brown cardboard is the part that gets tossed
Not me!
I use the cardboard to cover veggie garden walk ways to stop weed, decompose and become organic in the garden for next year.:biggrin:

If you are ever in the area, stop by for our spicy cucumber pickles for Martini's, Bloody Mary's or a crunchy snack with beer.
Jim...

PS: Remember I got the exact specified diameter, strength and surface characteristic line for my furler drum per US Spars, when I let them rebuild my drum.:) The new line was silky slick for easy furler tracking.

HanBan

Jan 18, 2018
I have the vang from my 06 323, but you'd still need the two brackets
Ron, you're so sweet to offer, but I've already paid for the one from USSpars. Thank you so much for the offer though.
We still need to meet up for a coffee next time hubby and I are up in Annapolis at Bacons :)
Han

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
...They use springs. (I've owned two, and have a spare that I am interested in selling.)
Selling a not-needed part guarantees you’ll wish you hadn’t. Almost as much as throwing one away.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Selling a not-needed part guarantees you’ll wish you hadn’t. Almost as much as throwing one away.
Been there, done that. Probably why my garage is beginning to look like a small marine salvage outlet.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
How many rigid boom vangs does one need? :) Honest, I have an unneeded spare. And yes, my basement and garage resemble a marine surplus shop.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
How many rigid boom vangs does one need? :)
Honestly you only need one. That’s why you should never get rid of your spare. If something happens to the first one you will still need one. See? You always need one.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Honestly you only need one. That’s why you should never get rid of your spare. If something happens to the first one you will still need one. See? You always need one.
The story is that my 16 year old Garhauer rigid vang had been mounted upside down for all those years. One year it was full of rainwater, and froze over the winter. It bent like a banana! I bought this spare one on eBay, but it wasn't exactly like mine, in the bracket attachments, and I eventually had Garhauer weld new tubes onto my old one. So, the "spare" isn't really a spare. I should have said it was superfluous.