In my hast to get underway...

May 8, 2018
Allied 42xl Galveston
Hover I must but I know what you mean. The hull and top deck will not loose anything. They will be ruffe sanded with a variable speed vibrating multi tool for good adhesion and glasses in.
I'm leaning heavily on turning loose my emotions and wallet on this boat and leaving this extended clown show and cruising the world in her....so hovering will have to be part of the kid for work I have done on her.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
so hovering will have to be part of the kid for work I have done on her.
I completely understand.
My father tells a story of a friend who had a boat custom built and he told my father he bought a house right next to the yard so he could check on the progress every day. The advice was, don't do that. If he finds problems with the yard's work, thank them, pay them and take the new boat to have the changes made somewhere else. He didn't take the advice.
When the boat was finished, the yard owner have him his deposit back and told him they weren't selling the boat to him. It went to court where the yard owner explained how his constant presence and interference cause delays, overruns, rework that cost the yard hundreds of man-hours. The court was satisfied with only the return of the deposit.
I'm sure that's not really what you mean when you say "hover", but it is a good story that is suppose to be true.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
schoolboy,
When you pull the old piece check to see if they used a thin piece of foam between the wood and the hull. You probably don't want the wood to fit real tight because it would cause a point load hard spot on the hull. The deck joint is not as critical since the deck is cored. Do a search on bulkhead installation and you will see what I'm talking about. Years ago one could purchase the foam already molded with a nice filet for the glass to follow in the corner.

May 8, 2018
Allied 42xl Galveston
Ill heed that. All I want to do is watch and learn the process really. That's why I cut the plywood for project, I know that's spot on and the flush fit will ease my mind.....

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Stick with the plywood. Coat the edges before installing and keep the water out. Mine are 43 years old and still going strong.

May 8, 2018
Allied 42xl Galveston
Ya....and I keep spreading it on too. My family refers to the whole project as ...playing with blocks or on a more broader term....Dad's Sailboat Madness

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Sometimes I wonder why we don't sister a sheet of marine ply on a iffy bulkhead for a tired boat and be done with it ... ala post #4. Taking those old bulkheads out could involve complications not anticipated.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Hadn't heard any Tull for a long time. I'm not clear on the connection but enjoyed the memory having seen the band several times in my mis-spent youth.

May 8, 2018
Allied 42xl Galveston
The 36 is classy......same workmanship...its a straight forward deal on an s2 looks like. I found a hardwood place with teak from India and Africa. Made we want to learn cabinetry.....they planed out some 1 inch for me...20 bucks