• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

I’m new to this forum

Jul 26, 2020
Halmatic Alden Mistral Royal Newfoundland Yacht Club
Hi I bought an Alden mistral a year ago not sure what number to call her? Any info on this name plate would be appreciated.

- ive just finished replacing the chain plates - cut the hull, dug the backing bars out, reglassed the chain plate knees from the outside then filled faired and reglassed hull, fair again, gelcoat 2 layers and then paint. Finally bolt on the new chain plates with buytl chaulk. Used 2 1/4 x ⅜ x 26 inch long 316 stainless. 4 x 1/2 carriage bolts

I replaced the bow fitting as well - the old one was hanging on by a thread. Again 4 x ½ inch Carriage bolts for the bow strap to replace the three 1/4 inch screws. The new bow fitting allows for the newer styles of anchor which tend have a fair bit of hook to them

Attachments

Sep 25, 2019
CATALINA C27 Lk Norman NC
Let me be the first to say ..welcome!
look forward to seeing more photos of you bringing it back to seaworthy.......Is it just me, or did Mr Alden design a bunch of FINE looking boats???

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Welcome! It's hard to say on the Alden design #. There were just 11 or 12 Mistrals built. You obviously can't find an Alden builders plate that would give the # placement of the boat, year.

What about past names and any of the boats history, where you are now, etc?

What does DEBORINE Hull mean?

Nice work!

Jul 26, 2020
Halmatic Alden Mistral Royal Newfoundland Yacht Club
She was hiding behind a fence on a steep hill - Plan is to launch her next week - monday i hope! - get her underneath me and see how she feels before i get going on some of the more expensive purchases needed to fit her out for cruising the north east coast of Newfoundland and Labrador - ive got a diesel heater all picked out!

Attachments

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
You've probably seen the video but Gregg Marston and family sailed his Alden Mistral to all around victory in the Marion to Bermuda race in 2016. TI was Greggs fathers boat for decades. Gregg has taken great care of TI and made upgrades and repairs over the years.

The video was shot by one of his sons and gives a good sense of how the boat sails. Conditions were brisk. TI won her class and the overall corrected.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
seaworthy.......Is it just me, or did Mr Alden design a bunch of FINE looking boats???
Nope, not just you.

Welcome to our amazing collection of sailors. Besides your fantastic acquisition of your Alden Mistral, you have really stepped in it and are smelling like roses, by joining us here.

I'm not an Alden owner, but I can't help but gawk at them where ever I see them. Mostly, that's here.

Love the pictures, Jon is right, we love pictures.

-Will (Dragonfly)