Ice Box Conversion

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Well dang.....I hooked up the power/ground as instructed, thermostat and threw the breaker....nothing! Started my normal electrical troubleshooting, continuity, volts, schematics. Everything was right. Moved onto the manual troubleshooting and came across the ability to jump two leads to rule out the thermostat/ISEC. compressor/fan turned on. Pulled the thermostat out with the associated thermocoupler (it was taped and installed) everything checked out. Broke open the ISEC module that plugs into the sockets on the compressor and found a circuit on the board from the thermostat plug raised and burnt through. I soldered in a jumper to complete the circuit and the thing kicked on. I'm a little frustrated with this obviously and can only guess what else is going to happen when I'm away from the dock.

I took pictures but they are two pick to post up. I sent a email to Defender Marine tonight and will see what takes place.

Apr 7, 2016
Beneteau First 305 Seward, Alaska
Sucky dude. A guarantee is nice but when it is a few hours on each end of the project, it makes it tough.

Dec 28, 2015
I was a little alarmed by Defender's reply to my email of "we are contacting the manufacturer to see if they will be sending a replacement part" How about you just send me a part and work it out with the manufacturer after the fact? I have a fully installed refer system that I can't use because of a manufacturer defect.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I was a little alarmed by Defender's reply to my email of "we are contacting the manufacturer to see if they will be sending a replacement part" How about you just send me a part and work it out with the manufacturer after the fact? I have a fully installed refer system that I can't use because of a manufacturer defect.
Because Defender doesn't stock parts. They will have the part dropped shipped from the manufacturer if the manufacturer determines that it is a defective part covered under warranty. Generally I've found Defender customer service to be easy to work with.

Dec 28, 2015
Just recieved a email from Isotherm that they are shipping out a replacement.