Hunter owners, our job just got harder

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Several times a year, I will come across a question pertinent to my Hunter that no matter how much searching I do on the internet nor this forum the answer cannot be found. I then turn, reluctantly because I know he is very busy, to the one person that will have the answer. Today was one of those times. And indeed, almost instantaneously as usual, the reply to the question came back. But this time there was an added bit of news that somewhat set me astern to ponder. The news:

"Also…as an fyi…I will be leaving Marlow-Hunter shortly. It is now time to do some fishing and enjoy the grand kids. It has been a pleasure working with you and I wish you the very best."

I have met this class guy only once; but, when I did I immediately knew that he was the glue to his company and one guy that I sure would like to have on my team. We, as sailors, continuously complain about maintaining a single vessel. He supported thousands and did through some pretty tough times but without complaint.

Happy retirement to you, Eddie Breeden, I wish you the best because you are the very best.

Len

PS I still owe you a toque.

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
Happy retirement Eddie. Eddie once last year responded to me on a Sunday!

Hope Marlow-Hunter realizes how important that position is to us owners when replacing him!

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Thanks Eddie

I wish I could have met in person to shake his hand for many years
of help when I called and you were so quick and helpful and even made a few personnel phone to me to check on how everything was going.
We here at Hunter Forum will miss you for sure and I hope Marlow Hunter
can find some one as dedicated as you were to the owners of Hunter sailboats.
But you worked hard and deserve to retire and enjoy your life for sure.
Nick

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
Darn what a loss for us. You've been so helpful in so many ways. We will miss you.

Wish you the very best in retirement

Les

May 8, 2004
Hunter 27 Bellingham, WA
I have had a number of new Hunter sailboats and Eddie Breeden was a major help to me with all of them.

You've earned a good retirement, Eddie. I will miss you but wish you major enjoyment in your future endeavors. Should you ever come to the Pacific Northwest, give me a call and let me entertain you and your family.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Definitely one of Marlow Hunter's key people. He was an invaluable source of construction information on several occasions. All the best in your retirement, Eddie.

Are you listening Mr. Marlow ? ? ? ?

richk

Jan 24, 2007
Marlow-Hunter 37 Deep Creek off the Magothy River off ChesBay
Wow! All the best to Eddie. He was a tremendous help to me on my previous boat, a Hunter 36 Legend. He helped us tremendously by providing the panels we needed to replace the broken skylights.

Hope he has a wonderful retirement!

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Eddie Breeden is leaving Marlow Hunter at the end of next week after 36 years serving the dealers and Hunter owners who became HIS FAMILY. Eddie wanted to say goodbye but that would be a difficult task saying goodbye to everyone. He wanted me to tell you Thank You for your wonderful friendship over the years and was very grateful to have served you! His immediate plans are to take time and enjoy life particularly spending time with his children and going fishing. He had a good laugh when I told him I caught a 20 lb. striper at Smith Mt. Lake with a car.

The first time I went to Hunter, I met Eddie Breeden who from the start of my dealership with Hunter till my retirement in 2010 was a person whom I relied on so much for his help. I met several good folks at Hunter and he definitely was conscientious about helping others working long hours. Yes we will miss him greatly but wish him well.
Eddie Breeden reminds me of a famous and much beloved general known as The G.I,'s General, General Omar Nelson Bradley.

I am glad to hear you will spend time with your grandchildren which is a new experience and you will love it. As for fishing, do not use a car to catch a fish.