Hunter 460 for Offshore Use/Extended Cruising

Mar 23, 2013
Hunter 44DS Lake Macquarie
Hi Akapeterc,

Interesting, I have heard a few times of purchasing yachts at the other end of a Pacific cruise...in Australia or there about. Is that where you found her? All the best, Tim at Cruising Spirit.
Yep I picked her up in Bundaberg Queensland

Apr 15, 2015
Hunter 460 So Cal
Soldout2sailing, so sorry about ur boat-

Everyone on here, thanks for the great info, it's much appreciated

Feb 6, 2010
hunter passage456 kemah
Hi,
We bought our 2002 passage 456 in 2007, put a arch on it, put a stasail on a pro furl, and made other improvements, lived on it til 2012, then retired sailed it across the Gulf of Mexico to Tampa, then around key west up the east coast to Annapolis, next two season spent in the Bahamas, last year we left Miami in Jan, sailed to the DR, PR, the Bvi, and hit every island til Grenada. The boat did great, we have put 10 thousand nautical miles on her, mostly blue water miles, a 460 is the same boat, don't liste to all those who say these boats at suitable for blue water sailing, we're not crossing oceans and if we were I would probably look for a different boat, but unless you are your hunter will be plenty of boat. Equip her right, make her a cutter rig like we did and set sail.

Apr 15, 2015
Hunter 460 So Cal
Discovery, thanks for reply

She's already a cutter rig and she just got a new Manson supreme on her bow. We're proud of our boat and I do think she can cross oceans, we'll cross that x when we get there. Thanks for reply, I'm out of patience with Hunter Haters and I appreciate hearing from someone out there doing it-