hunter 37c prop size

Oct 18, 2019
Hunter 37 cutter St. Joseph
I recently purchased a hunter 37c. I would like to get a Feathering prop for it, but I need to know what the maximum size I can put on this boat . the boat is currently on the hard about 3 hours away from me on lake Erie.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I would like to get a Feathering prop for it, but I need to know what the maximum size I can put on this boat (Hunter 37c)
Suggest contacting your feathering prop suppler(s) for a recommendation based on your objective(s). That is what I did on 4 boats (one ski boat to get more hole shot and three sailboats for more speed under motor and better marina maneuverability.

I am sure the forum can recommend feathering prop suppliers.

May 31, 2007
Hunter 37 cutter Blind River
I installed a three bladed FlexOFold on mine. Super happy with it. Supplier is in Boston. He would be able to help you out. Boat is over 6 hours from me now and I do not remember size or pitch. Besides, you likely have a different engine as I repowered.

aldofc

Nov 30, 2011
Hunter H37C Montevideo
My 37C uses a 15” propeller. You could fit a 16” with no problem, but researching I was told it is not recommended to get too near the hull with the prop, 4” is correct, so I have always kept the 15”. Mine has a Yanmar 4JHE 44hp, and the transmission can be in neutral while sailing, so after many tests, I bought a fixed three blade 15x11. Spent much less, and performance loss is almost 0..